News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

search results displays html tags

Started by jumpinjack, 17.09.2017 18:07:28

Previous topic - Next topic

jumpinjack

hi

i notice that when i do a search (for jdownloads items) the results display the item title but includes some html tags (on some items). is there anyway that i can prevent this?

please search attached screenshot.

thanks for a great plugin!

regards

clive

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi Clive,
I can not confirm this here. Try it self here at the downloads area.
Have you installed the newest jD version?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

jumpinjack

hi arno

thanks for the response. i am using version 3.2.55.

i notice that in my given screenshot, the download file's title is dialogs tutorial (with a lower-case d). The actual title as saved for this file is Dialogs tutorial (with an upper-case D). it seems that all of the search results that display the html tags, display the titles with lower-case characters where the actual titles have upper-case titles. in fact the search results look similar to the aliases. where is the search result getting the title that it displays from? maybe the html tags are there?

i notice that the html tags appear in the search results for some of the download files, not all of them. i can't see any difference for the files in the downloads control panel which would cause some to display the html tags.

appreciate any help

thanks

regards

clive
  •  

ColinM

Clive,
Could you please send details of your site by PM (click on white 'square' near my name)  Also details of how, in front end, to get to troublesome Downloads. Looking directly at problem often helps!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Clive,
I have looked at the site and seen the problem. 
There seems to be two conditions necessary for the problem to occur.  These are that the whole search word has to appear in the descriptive text and the whole search word has to appear in the item title. 
I tested principally with the word recyclerview - choose this as there were less instances.  It occurs in all types of searches.
I do not think this is a jD problem as it also happens if one restricts the search to K2 only.

Obviously then it does not appear if one omits the final w in the search as it does not meet the above criteria.  Think you have found a search bug
You could try with setting field 'Highlight Search Terms' in Smart Search turned off.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jumpinjack

hi colin

thanks very much for you effort and feedback.much appreciated. i will investigate the leads that you have given.

regards

clive
  •