News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Page loading slow for 10-20 secs after published module "jDownloads Latest" [OK]

Started by ciklon, 20.07.2017 00:18:15

Previous topic - Next topic

ciklon

Hello,
After upgrading the server, jDownloads he had to migrated from 1.9.2.11 to 3.2.52, because of new PHP7.
Page with published module "jDownloads Latest" and/or "jDownloads Top" loading slow for 10-20 sec. Module option: Category - All categories shown. I do not have this problem with modules "jDownloads Rated", "jDownloads Most Recently Downloaded", "jDownloads Featured" (only 2 featured files).

The download archive currently contains 27,888 Downloads in 1,875 categories.

Information about the current server configuration:
Allowed file uploads:   Yes
Maximum allowed file size (max_filesize):   512M
Maximum allowed POST size: (post_max_size):   512M
Memory limit (memory_limit):   512M
Maximum input time for uploads (max_input_time) in seconds:   5000
Maximum execution time of scripts (max_execution_time) in seconds:   15000

Automatic monitoring of the Download directories is deactivated.

I did not have this problem with the old version. How can solve this problem?

Thanks
  •  

Arno

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

I have checked your backend and for me it seems all to be okay.
You have very lot Downloads. So maybe could be the 'permissions check' the reason for the long loading time.

Have you tried to use the Joomla cache option?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ciklon

Hello, levels for accessing categories and files are the same as in the old version - there are different levels of access. The Download archive is the same as in the old version except for 10-20 new files. If necessary, I can rebuild the site with iDownloads 1.9.2.11 to another address  to you see how the pages were loading, but the jDownloads configuration could not be opened because of PHP7.

Now the cache is turned on, but there is no change :-[
Cache Settings:
Cache Handler -- File
System Cache -- ON - Conservative caching
  •  

Arno

Hm, strange.
Let me check the differences between both module versions (old and new). But I need a few days.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ciklon

Ok, I'll wait as long as necessary.
I sent you PM with a link to my site, but with the old version (1.9.2.11) jDownloads.
  •  

Arno

Hi  cicklon,
sorry for the delay. But i have in this summer weeks not the time for this issue.
But you could try this:
- activate the jD content plugin
- create a new custom module and type in only this: {jd_file latest==5}
- activate in the TAB Options the Prepare Content options
- check the other module settings and what you need here
- deactivate the normal jD latest module
Compare now the result (page loading time). Should it be faster could you create a new "Files" layout in the jD layouts manager for it.
This could then be used in this way:

QuoteSelecting layouts
{jd_file onlinelayout==layout name} you can use this to select the which layout to use when showing Downloads.
That is it is possible to use specific layouts rather than the layout selected in the Configuration - Plugin tab.
Example: {jd_file onlinelayout==Simple File List}{jd_file latest==5}
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

ciklon

Hi Arno,
Thank you very much for the solution  :D. With a list of 30 files in the new module "Latest files", the page loads normally. You can see this on homepage my site.

Best regards
  •  

ciklon

Hi, Arno
After upgrading to version 3.2.61 and using the "custom module and type in only this: {jd_file latest==5}", there was a delay in loading the page where was showing module "Latest Files"

You can see the video: https://youtu.be/9VyHyp3JEmg
  •