News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownloads - Migration from jDownloads 1.8.4 to jDownloads Version 3.2.51

Started by rumen, 13.07.2017 13:47:08

Previous topic - Next topic

rumen

Hello,

I have one sub-domain, which contains Joomla 1.5.3 and jDownloads 1.8.4 Stable Build 861.
I have another domain, which contains Joomla 3.7 and jDownloads Version 3.2.51.

What I have, to copy/move all files from jDownloads 1.8.4 to jDownloads Version 3.2.51.

Is this possible?
Can I follow those steps here:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-to-upgrade-jdownloads-component-from-1-9-x-to-latest-3-x-version

•  

ColinM

Hi
Are you wanting to
( 1) upgrade the sub domain with jD 1.8.4 to jD 3.2.51
or
(2) transfer the Downloads in the jD 1.8.4 to the sub domain with jD 3.2.51 ?

If (1) then your jD 1.8.4 sub domain is presumably on Joomla! 1.5 so that would involve migrating that site to Joomla! 3.2 and then upgrading jD to jD 1.9.2.11

If (2) then it may be simpler and much less effort to transfer the files, a few at a time, and use manual monitoring (turn auto monitoring off).  The viability of that approach is dependent on the number of Downloads involved.  If it is just a few hundred then it is worth considering this less 'glamorous' but pragmatic route. 
So please advise how many downloads are involved and if you have made extensive use of descriptions, images, and what types of file.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

rumen

Hi,
yes, I want (2) transfer the Downloads in the jD 1.8.4 to the sub domain with jD 3.2.51.

I mean: www.domain.site.com - get all jD 1.8.2 with all files, categories, licenses, images ... and clone in www.site.com with jD 3.2.51

I have around 600 files, with images and description, ordered in categories.
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
it is not so easy to move this very old version to the newest. But when you agree I could do it for you.
I would need in this case a backend access to the new and the old webseite. Maybe also cpanel access to the new website (phpmyadmin and file manager or FTP).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •