News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Categories Order

Started by 2borg, 10.07.2017 12:15:31

Previous topic - Next topic

2borg

Hi,

In backend configuration (Frontend Tab) we have three options for sorting categories (Like in Backend and Alfabeticaly - ASC and DESC).

Can we have a fourth/fifth sorting order: Date of Category creation (ASC and DESC).

I have more that 1500 Categories in a very deep category tree and it has became almost impossible to manualy sort new categories. All I need is to put the newest categoreis ot the top... Right now default sorting order (in backend) puts newest catoriges on the bottom...
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When a category is created it gets the next category ID.  So the latest categories will always have the highest ID. The default category sort, Category Manager, is by ID but it is from low to high.  In the backend you could select the last page of the sort or you could click on the small arrowhead next to ID in the column headings which will reverse the search order.  As it is doing a database sort it is quite fast.

Please could you put your request into the Suggestions topics asking for a Reverse ID choice as the default as I am sure others might find that useful

Colin
Colin M
  •