News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

the page reloads over and over again

Started by vieregge, 03.07.2017 09:42:09

Previous topic - Next topic

vieregge

Hello ,

I have the following problem: When I load a link to a jDownloads file the page reloads over and over again.
http://www.seglerjugend.berlin/ueber-uns/protokolle/2014/category/15-2014
Joomla! 3.7.2   PHP 7.0.20
MySQLi 5.5.55-0+deb7u1-log I'd be happy for help regards, Oliver

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Oliver,
When I go to your site I cannot reproduce your problem but perhaps I misunderstand!
The way you have jD configured means that on clicking on the Download Button you are then taken to Download Details, and then you see the Summary.
If this is what you mean then please see
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/download-actions-direct-via-summary-page-or-via-download-details
which shows the setup options and their effect.
You might also want to sett the jD Config - Download tab option 'Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?' 

Did notice your menu is very 'lively' and if you cross over it with the mouse, then a page overlays the Download.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

vieregge

Hello Colin,
thank you for your quick reply. You're right, I'd like a download occurs directly when I click on the titelink. The corresponding settings have been made in the frontend and download, but will it still show the details? In addition it comes in the detail view to a always and repeatedly loaded page. I've attached you from the settings and upload page images. I hope you have a solution because I would like to use the powerful functions of jdownloads for other functions. You are right the menu is very lively and it is always a philosophy how great a Megamenu should be. I like it so well and allows the desired functions. I hope it has nothing to do with the problem in jdownloads
Oliver

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
When I tried your site this evening it worked as expected. :)   When you make a config change it is always a good idea to clear the browser Cache, and if active the Joomla! cache.  Also you might wish to look at config - Downloads tab - 'Which file types are to be opened in the Browser? 'The Megamenu has nothing to do with this - it was just an observation!Colin
Colin M
  •