News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

You are not allowed to view this record

Started by thierry94120, 01.07.2017 19:31:01

Previous topic - Next topic

thierry94120

I have uploaded  about hundred files directly in the jdownload directory by Filezilla. After, I have published all these files in jdownloads component, with a short description for each
And the result is strange: in the frontend, some of these descriptions are correct and for some others I have the text: You are not allowed to view this record (see the picture attached) I don't understand why; i've made exactly the same way to publish my records! Anybody as an idea?
Than you, and sorry for my bad English!

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This looks strange!. At first sight it seems as if it a protection setup error. Maybe
But did you have automonitoring on when you uploaded with FTP?.  It may have resulted in a time out.
To really check out I would need to look at your site
Colin
Colin M
  •  

thierry94120

Yes I have thougt at a protection. So I have tried to chmod all my directories at 0777 (!), nothing changes... The files has been correctly uploaded by ftp, and jdownload has recognized automatically them. And only  the description in the list of files is wrong! When I click on the name of the file, I get the view with all the details and it's correct. And I can download the file without problem. I've also tried with others layouts, it's the same problem. You can look at my site (in French): prepasdarsonval.fr, then tab: psi and tab: téléchargements . Thank you very much for your help and your quick answer.
  •  

thierry94120

I have forgotten to say: when I'm logged as registered user, all is good! But this don't explain why somes files have a good display and others not... I've checked many times: the parameters for all my files are the same...
  •  

ColinM

Thierry
Yes it is strange.  Below I am just outlining the problem  so I understand it better. Then a couple of queries at the end.  Your English is better than my French which is 'tourist' level!

If I look at Category  'Corrigés ENAC' the Files layout shows the description OK as does the Download Details view. That is all is working well there.

As an example showing the problem I have looked at Download 'Le corps des quaternions' in Catégorie: Algèbre générale
This has the message "You are not allowed to view this record" where one would expect to see the Description. It is also in a different font from the descriptions elsewhere.
When I click on the title it takes me to the Download Details page and this shows the description OK as
'>Une construction algébrique classique (et un peu laborieuse) du corps des quaternions. L'étude des idéaux (non bilatères!) permet de démontrer le théorème de Lagrange : tout nombre entier est somme de quatre carrés. Joli, non?'

All the Downloads in Category 'Algèbre générale' seem to have this problem!! There may be others but I have not checked elsewhere.
You also found there is no problem if accessed by a Registered User.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do I understand correctly that this has only occurred when you uploaded the problem ones by FTP?

I think you are using a Ubuntu host. Is that correct?

It looks like some protection or ownership problem problem but not sure where.  It could be in the database as that is where the description is stored. But does not make sense!! :( Will look further.

Colin
PS Nice site :) - also very useful for the students.
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
I think that this coming from a 3rd party extension. Then this message You are not allowed to view this record is not a part from jDownloads (or Joomla). So please check your additional components and plugins. 
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

thierry94120

Thank you very much for your help!
You are right: problem occurs only with file uploaded by ftp. With new files, I don't have any problem (for the moment!)

And I don't understand 1) why the description appears for registered users 2) why the description appears in the detailled view and not in the files layout!

I have checked my database and compare the records in the table jdownload_files for two files (one bad, one good) and I've not seen anything different!
In Ubuntu, I've made the permissions of all my site at chmod 0775  :( and the owner at www-data:www-data, nothing changes.

Very strange, indeed!
  •  

thierry94120

Oh oh... Thanks you Arno. I will check all my extensions, and I tell you!
  •  

Arno

Go to the jD configuration and check this setting on the pic.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

thierry94120

I've already done it. But no change. :(
  •  

Arno

I have found vie Google problems like yours with ContentBuilder CCK. Use you this?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

thierry94120

Yes I use it, and I have also seen this post. But I don't use the two components in the  same page...

I have made a try: I've deleted two of my files with the error and I have uploaded them again as new files. And it's good now!! There seem to be a problem with the automonitoring when uploading files by  ftp?
  •  

thierry94120

YES!!!!!!!!
Thank you very much Arno, I've unpublished all the plugin of Content Builder and it's good now!!!

But some questions remain:
1) in jdownloads, the option for disable other plugins seems not work
2) why the description failed and not the description_long ?

3) why only for uploaded files by ftp?

Thank you again, and sorry if you loosed time because of me.

And all my greatings for your amazing work.
  •  

Arno

Fine. But I did not expect anything else.

QuoteBut some questions remain:
1) in jdownloads, the option for disable other plugins seem not work
2) why the description failed and not the description_long ?
This option is only for Content plugin types. But System plugins can manipulate nearly anything.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

QuoteThank you again, and sorry if you loosed time because of me.

And all my greatings for your amazing work.
When you want to help us and our project please write a positively review here:
http://extensions.joomla.org/write-review/review/add?extension_id=140

Thanks a lot.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •