News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Category Page Error - [Solved - Wrong setting]

Started by wolfspyryt, 30.06.2017 20:57:53

Previous topic - Next topic

wolfspyryt

On my top category page, all the icons have disappeared. I included an image of the issue. Any ideas how to correct this? Thank you in advance! :-)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi,
strange output. It seems that ll your other jD content works as expected. But all other are single category views?
So the problem only appears when you will display the overview?
When yes, could it be that you have not a valid Categories layout selected in jDownloads?
Exist also a menu item for the type All Categories in your Joomla?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wolfspyryt

I have a valid layout. Nothing had changed. I updated Jdownloads and this is what was the result
  •  

ColinM

Hi
As your site maybe a very busy one then the update process may have timed out. So maybe you could try the update again with the site 'offline'.  It may need an uninstall and re-install but I would ask Arno first.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Quote from: wolfspyryt on 07.07.2017 18:33:46
I have a valid layout. Nothing had changed. I updated Jdownloads and this is what was the result
It is not so easy for us when you post not the answers on our questions.
Please do not uninstall and re-install. Install the newest version again (without uninstallation before).

Fact is that nobody else posted this problem after the update. So I think not that this could be really a jDownloads bug. More a misconfiguration.

It is possible to get a backend access?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wolfspyryt

I have tried several layout options. It is Only the Categories view that appears affected. I do not have All Categories in the menu. I have never had All Categories in the menu.
It is of course likely that something else happened. I did re-install the newest version again to no help. Both you and Colin have access to the admin from past private messages. You have my permission to access the admin. Let me know if I need to resend the login information.
I apologize Arno, for the lack of answers to your questions. It has been very hectic here at home. I appreciate your assistance very much, and apologize for the poor responses and delay. Thank you again for your assistance.
  •  

Arno

Okay. No problem. I will check your backend again.  :)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

wolfspyryt

•  

wolfspyryt

Any news as to why I am experiencing this issue?
  •  

Arno

It is solved now. You had select a categories layout with 4 columns but have changed the column setting to '1'. Change it back to 4 was the solution.

When you want a layout with only one column you should select another layout. Or you must change the column value AND also the layout self.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

wolfspyryt

Thank you for your time and effort. Thank you for finding the fix!!!
Terry
  •