News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Tags doesn't work [solved]

Started by mzanotto, 19.06.2017 19:09:26

Previous topic - Next topic

mzanotto

Hi,
I tagged some downloads from the backend, those tags are visible in frontend related to each download but if I click on it joomla opens the tag component without any results.

If I tag a category instead of a download, they work

What am I wrong?

Thanks,
Max
  •  

ColinM

Hi
First could you advise which version of Joomla! and which version of jDownloads you are using please. 
Have you read
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads

If it is that tags are not showing please check your menu settings as described in the document. 

Should there still be a problem then if you send me a Private Message (click on white squarish box near my name) with site details and I will look further

Colin
Colin M
  •  

mzanotto

Hi Colin and thanks,
I'm using Joomla 3.7.2 and Jdownloads 3.2.51

I read the linked documents (many times) but without being able to understand the problem.
I can see the tags associated but when I click on them, I have no result in the search page
  •  

mzanotto

I think something goes wrong upgrading from 3.2.42, I removed the component and reinstall and now everythings work

Thanks,
Max
  •  

ColinM

Max,
Glad the problem has disappeared.
As well as re-installing jD did you also update Joomla! ?  I ask because we are awaiting a Joomla! patch to handle some things when a component is using its own categories.  It was due to be in 3.7.x but status is 'unclear'.
Colin
PS the problem was introduced by Joomla! team in Joomla! 3.4.6
Colin M
  •  

mzanotto

yes, i updated joomla and then jD.
The strange thing is that I have a dev site (but without many content) where I did the same steps and on it everything goes well.
I really don't explain to myself why on the prod site there was this problem.

BTW now everything is ok :)
  •  

newmy

I have the same problem (sorry for the double post ...)

is reinstalling the only solution?

newmy

Jdownloads 3.2.55
Joomla 3.7.5
PHP 7.1.6
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Sometimes if you have migrated from an earlier series of jD (eg from jD 1.9.x) the host server sometimes runs out of processing time time. so re-installing the Component tidies up.  Of course you leave the files and database items in place as that is an option in the Uninstall.

However if it was not a migration then do not uninstall and reinstall.  There has been a 'grumbling' debate in the Joomla! team where in one release they introduced a bug that failed to recognise that many Components have Categories.  This caused the failure of Tags.  With the lates version of Joomla! it looks OK but you may need to remove some tags set up previously and after clearing all caches reintroduce them.  Tags on Downloads were OK, it was the Categories that suffered the bug.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

newmy

Hi Colin,
the Categories are ok - they are in the list when clicking on the Tags displayed in a list of files in a categorie. (beneath articles).
On our site its the Downloads that are missing.
We did not have using TAGS before.

Yes we migrated from 1.9 but thats months ago when migrating to 3.x.

Our Issue is exact described in http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=9270

What do you suggest?

newmy

tags1.png  shows the tags in a categorie of Downloads
tags2.png shows clicking on tag "xft-documentcomposer"
tags3.png shows clicking on tag "xft add-on 4.60" only showing a Categorie

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We have determined a new 'challenge' with Tags in Downloads.  It is a Joomla! problem and we are requesting a change.
Please see http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9697.0 for more info
and also visit and vote at
https://issues.joomla.org/tracker/joomla-cms/20324

Colin
Colin M
  •