News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Batch processing to add tags

Started by LUCiD, 19.06.2017 13:45:12

Previous topic - Next topic

LUCiD

Hi there jD community and the jD team.

some days ago I wanted to add one or more tags to some downloads and / or categories and I've thought it must be possible, cause at the batch processing for the articles and the categories of the core content it can be done, one tag at a time.

But unfortunately jDownloads hasn't this functionality and so I miss it somehow.

Maybe this is not a rocket science to implement, but I have no idea where to start and perhaps its a good extension for a future version - that would be  8)

Regards.
Best regards / Beste Grüße
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Yes it would be a good idea to include "add tag" in the Batch processing just as Joomla! has. 

Presently there is a technical problem created by Joomla! where they failed to recognise categories other than Joomla! categories.  This has affected many Components who like jD have their own Joomla! compliant categories.  It means Joomla! team need to revert a patch introduced in the 3.6 series.  They have been avoiding the issue!!!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

LUCiD

Hi there Colin,

thanks for your reply!

That means, it is not possible unless the Joomla! team has reverted that patch?

Greets.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
We are trying to get the status in reverting the patch as it is presently unclear.  It was supposed to be in 3.7.x
Colin
Colin M
  •  

LUCiD

Ah OK. Thanks for the info, Colin.

Greets.
  •