News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Customising Category Sort Order

Started by ColinM, 08.06.2017 12:11:41

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

If one uses the Downloads Order field in the Lists Layouts tab of a Single Category menu item to select the menu order, say Reverse Alpha, then on first display the Downloads are listed in the requested order.
Whilst these are being displayed if one uses the Order Sort bar to select another sort order then no Downloads are listed and the message 'No files are available yet for this category.' appears.  However the arrows indicating there are multiple pages does appear - see pic

The test site was set up as described in
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/customising-the-way-downloads-are-listed-in-different-categories

This fault was first reported by Isabeaux in http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=9385

Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Okay Colin, I will check this at the evening. Thanks.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi Colin,
sad to say but I could not reproduce it here. Maybe could help a few pics about structure and settings?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •  

isabeaux

Hi,
Is there an update on this issue?
As of the last update 3.2.54 I still have this issue.

To Summarize:
Object is to have different categories sort their downloads in different orders (i.e. latest, or name, etc.)
This is done by creating a hidden menu. In the options of that menu the order is set.
However, when the order is different than the default, although all downloads show on first load, when clicking to a different page (e.g. page 2 of download list) or to a different order, the downloads and  ordering options disappear, and don't show up until a log out and log back in.

I would appreciate a solution to this bug.

Thank you,
Tomás
  •  

Arno

I will try to fix it at the weekend.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •