News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Database errors after upgrading to 3.2v

Started by sobha, 06.06.2017 09:34:01

Previous topic - Next topic

sobha

Hi,

I have upgraded jdownloads version from 1.9 to 3.2 by following the documentation. I was able to access CP of Jdownloads only for certain menu's but not completely.

Receiving the following below errors while accessing from admin section of Jdownloads:

1. Components -> Jdownloads -> Control Panel

1054 Unknown column 'group_id' in 'where clause'

2. Components -> Jdownloads -> Downloads

500 Unknown column 'a.other_file_id' in 'field list' Unknown column 'a.other_file_id' in 'on clause'

To solve the featured error i followed the process from this link http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=8641.msg35224#msg35224, but that also didn't work

3. Components -> Jdownloads -> Layouts -> Categories / Category / Files / Download Details / Summary / Search Form / CSS, getting below error

500 Unknown column 'a.template_before_text' in 'field list' Unknown column 'a.language' in 'on clause'

4. Components -> Jdownloads -> User Group Settings

1054 Unknown column 'group_id' in 'field list'

And some warnings in Configuration of Jdownloads tab as "Error reporting is ON" in Joomla.

Please help me out here to solve the above database issues.
  •  

Arno

Hi,
the update process is not so easy. Maybe should it be better to send me a backup file from the original jD 1.9.x installation. Then i could migrate it here for you to the 3.2.x version. I need only the file which is created by the internal jD backup creation process. Please send it or a download link via PM.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
thanks for the file. This backup seems to be from the version 1.9.0. But the instructions desribed that you must have 1.9.1 or 1.9.2.x to can succesful migrate the data.

Is the backup really from a 1.9.0 version? In this case it is normal that you have problems.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

I have now checked your data. I think this data are really from the very old version 1.9.0. This old version had a security leak which was fixed with the version 1.9.1.6 (which was an important security update).

You have in your backup file many Downloads which seem to be the result from hacks. So exist in your backup a category 'Example Category' with nearly 100 useless data and link to dangerous files. This are the result from the leak in this old version. So it is important for you, that you move not all the files from the old installation to the new Joomla installation! Only the files which you have really self created and uploaded in jDownloads.

I will try to cleanup the backup file and remove all 'fake' items from the 'Example Category'.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

sobha

I have followed the documentation to migrate from 19.0 -> 1.9.1.6 and then remaining process. I have tried the Database fix in Joomla admin also. Don't know exactly if the database is having issues.

Thank you for your support!
  •  

Arno

I have send you a PM with the imported data file and the required instructions. Please post here the result.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •