News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Post-installation problem: component not found in backend! - [Not a bug]

Started by stormy, 22.05.2017 13:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

stormy

Hi @all!

Today I tried the installation of latest jDownloads release: unfortunately, after installation access to backend component is impossible: An error has occurred. 404 Component not found.

I tried to uninstall it properly with Manage/Uninstallation but error remains the same.
Then I decided to move com_jdownloads from administrator and components, and to delete  all data from DB. 

I tried again a fresh installation with following message:
Details of jDownloads installation progress:

266 settings were successfully stored in the configuration database table.
18 default layouts were successfully stored in the database.
7 default licenses were successfully stored in the database.
The jDownloads Falang definitions data were copied to: /var/www/xxxx.com/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/assets/falang
If you want to use these definitions with Falang, go first to the 'Content Elements' from Falang.
The upload directory /jdownloads exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_uncategorised_files exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_preview_files exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_private_user_area exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_tempzipfiles for .zip files exists and is writable.
Please note: Uninstalling jDownloads will, by design, NOT delete (a)the data from the database or (b)the files from the jDownloads upload folders.

Again, when clicking on Admin/Components/jDownloads (URL: https://www.xxxx.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads) I've got the error:
An error has occurred.
404 Component not found.

I'm using Joomla since years now.

Any idea how to solve?   Please help, I know well JOOMLA but this time, I'm out of fresh infos of this topic! Thanks! :)
  •  

stormy

ok, using debug mode I found the following from backend:

JComponentExceptionMissing   [404]
Component not found.
.../libraries/cms/component/helper.php:359
354       $path = JPATH_COMPONENT . '/' . $file . '.php';
356       // If component is disabled throw error
357       if (!static::isEnabled($option) || !file_exists($path))
358       {
359          throw new JComponentExceptionMissing(JText::_('JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND'), 404);
360       }
362       // Load common and local language files.
363       $lang->load($option, JPATH_BASE, null, false, true) || $lang->load($option, JPATH_COMPONENT, null, false, true);

Any idea please????
  •  

stormy

ok, I respond myself.... after 1 hour, it's responding fine now.... sounds the cache made something weird here.

Bye
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quote from: stormy on 22.05.2017 15:57:25
ok, I respond myself.... after 1 hour, it's responding fine now.... sounds the cache made something weird here.
Sorry for the delay. I had never see this problem before. What was it in detail with the cache?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

stormy

Hi:!

Sorry I didn't saved any information about this problem...  honestly I've no idea about the origin of this problem.
But my main concerns was solved, so everything is fine now  :)
Bye
  •