News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error message when not logged in

Started by solargordon, 29.04.2017 10:25:45

Previous topic - Next topic

solargordon

When logged in jdownloads works fine but if you are viewing my website as a guest you see this error.

What can I do to fix this?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Sorry, but you have not sent any additional informations.
Please read here:
http://www.jdownloads.com/forum/index.php?topic=6963.0

QuoteWithin the post please give this detailed informations:

- The Joomla! Release version!
- The used jDownloads version! (make sure that you have installed the latest release)
- System Information: PHP, MySQL and version numbers for each (important!)
- Whether your site is Localhost (XAMPP, WAMP for example).
- Make sure, that you have deactivated all Cache and Compress options in the Joomla configuration and template settings.

Another questions: -
- how many categories and folder have you?
- on which page (in jDownloads) see you this message?
- the other pages in jDownloads work as expected?
- what have you selected in the Joomla configuration for the option: 'Error Reporting' (see pic)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

solargordon

Sorry. Here is the additional information.

joomla = 3.6.5
jdownloads = 3.2.46
php = 7.0
mysql = sqli
site is live

I updated joomla to the latest 3.7 version but got database errors so I reverted back to an old backup version from before the upgrade. since then I have been seeing the error message above on the downloads page. But the error only shows when I am not logged in.

I have tried installing the latest version of jdownloads but I lost all of my modifications so I had to revert back.

I searched google for the error message but couldn't see any solutions.

I can pm you my site information if you need.
  •  

Arno

You have not give me all answers. So are you sure that you have read my posting complete?  :-\

QuoteI have tried installing the latest version of jdownloads but I lost all of my modifications so I had to revert back.
Sorry, but we can only give support for our original versions.
When you use our latest version should you not have this problems. Nobody else has problems like yours.

I updated joomla to the latest 3.7 version but got database errors so I reverted back to an old backup version from before the upgrade. since then I have been seeing the error message above on the downloads page.
In the first case seems the problem not to be jDownloads self. And the second could be the result from an incorrect restoring process (because it did not exist before).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

solargordon

I did read the post and gave all the anawers to the questions i could see. Since you cant help i will ask a coder to look at the jdownloads code. Since it appears to be a problem with the php coding....

I don't know what suddenly caused the problem to appear but it is only happening in downloads and I have a lot of components.
  •  

Arno

QuoteAnother questions: -
- how many categories and folder have you?
- on which page (in jDownloads) see you this message?
- the other pages in jDownloads work as expected?
- what have you selected in the Joomla configuration for the option: 'Error Reporting' (see pic)
?

QuoteSince it appears to be a problem with the php coding....
Yes, possible. But with your modifications or the original source code?

As example, you use an old version. Your version 3.2.46 current version 3.2.51.
The error message at the end from your pic was fixed in 3.2.47.
So you should at first use the original bug fixed file (below). Then we can check the result.
Copy the unzipped file downloads.php to /components/com_jdownloads/models/
But you should prior rename the original file.

Should this not help please send me login data via PM.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •