News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Remove fields from the upload

Started by megatron, 28.04.2017 16:57:07

Previous topic - Next topic

megatron

Hi

I would like to know how to remove the Language, System and License fields from the upload page.
Thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you look at the User Groups Settings- Group Creation/Editing Settings tab for each User Group you allow to create or edit Downloads then towards the end of the tab yo will find the set of questions that you want asked.  If they are 'unticked' they are not asked.

You may find the article in link below helpful - especially towards the end
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settings

Colin
Colin M
  •  

hiwebguys

To piggy back off this question, I have set the Group Creation/Editing Settings to try and remove several of the fields from a specific User Group but it doesn't seem to take effect. Could you help me look for what common items would cause that?

I have turned on the jDownloads logging option, created a Joomla User Group and set a default access View Level without success. I have noticed that when I check the box on a Group Settings title, and click change settings, I get a check-out failed error. But if I click the title of the Group Title I can adjust those settings. Thanks for any direction.
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •