News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

change Root folder in scan.php

Started by Tinga, 28.04.2017 10:14:10

Previous topic - Next topic

Tinga

Hello,

i would like to change the root folder in scan.php (administrator\components\com_jdownloads\helpers).
The case is, that my site has about 8000 documents with over 300 categories, but the directory where documents being added via file browser are only a few.

I've created a task to execute the scan job every 30 minutes.

So changing the root folder would have positive impacts in performance.
I tried to understand the script but it seems like the defintion for the root directory is in an other script.

Thanks

•  

ColinM

Hi
I understand that you would like to be able to scan just the directory tree from a specified category (Directory). Is that correct?
This would not be simple.

The scan code is scheduled to be upgraded to operate faster - I will check to see status.  Also switching to PHP 7 may help as it is  faster.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

@KultGamer
The present scan code is quite old and Arno is working on a rewrite for greater speed.

Yes PHP7 should make it faster Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@KultGamer
I think you have not understand the script exactly.

@Tinga
We work on a new jDownloads serie 3.7 for Joomla 3.7 and higher.
In this I have overworked the scan.php completely. But it is not so easy to make this file compatible with the current jD series. But I will check this.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Tinga

Thanks for your replies.

@ColinM
Ok i will try to update my PHP to version 7.

@Arno
That new version is looking very good and i am looking forward to its release.

Right now my Server is running quiet good and it is not that important to change the root directory,
but i thought i could give it a little less stuff to do  ;)

Thank you for your great work.
  •