News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Post-installation problem: component not found in backend! - [Not a bug]

Started by stormy, 22.05.2017 13:52:26

Previous topic - Next topic

stormy

Hi @all!

Today I tried the installation of latest jDownloads release: unfortunately, after installation access to backend component is impossible: An error has occurred. 404 Component not found.

I tried to uninstall it properly with Manage/Uninstallation but error remains the same.
Then I decided to move com_jdownloads from administrator and components, and to delete  all data from DB. 

I tried again a fresh installation with following message:
Details of jDownloads installation progress:

266 settings were successfully stored in the configuration database table.
18 default layouts were successfully stored in the database.
7 default licenses were successfully stored in the database.
The jDownloads Falang definitions data were copied to: /var/www/xxxx.com/administrator/components/com_jdownloads/assets/falang
If you want to use these definitions with Falang, go first to the 'Content Elements' from Falang.
The upload directory /jdownloads exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_uncategorised_files exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_preview_files exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_private_user_area exists and is writable.
The directory /jdownloads/_tempzipfiles for .zip files exists and is writable.
Please note: Uninstalling jDownloads will, by design, NOT delete (a)the data from the database or (b)the files from the jDownloads upload folders.

Again, when clicking on Admin/Components/jDownloads (URL: https://www.xxxx.com/administrator/index.php?option=com_jdownloads) I've got the error:
An error has occurred.
404 Component not found.

I'm using Joomla since years now.

Any idea how to solve?   Please help, I know well JOOMLA but this time, I'm out of fresh infos of this topic! Thanks! :)
  •  

stormy

ok, using debug mode I found the following from backend:

JComponentExceptionMissing   [404]
Component not found.
.../libraries/cms/component/helper.php:359
354       $path = JPATH_COMPONENT . '/' . $file . '.php';
356       // If component is disabled throw error
357       if (!static::isEnabled($option) || !file_exists($path))
358       {
359          throw new JComponentExceptionMissing(JText::_('JLIB_APPLICATION_ERROR_COMPONENT_NOT_FOUND'), 404);
360       }
362       // Load common and local language files.
363       $lang->load($option, JPATH_BASE, null, false, true) || $lang->load($option, JPATH_COMPONENT, null, false, true);

Any idea please????
  •  

stormy

ok, I respond myself.... after 1 hour, it's responding fine now.... sounds the cache made something weird here.

Bye
  •  

Arno

Hi,
Quote from: stormy on 22.05.2017 15:57:25
ok, I respond myself.... after 1 hour, it's responding fine now.... sounds the cache made something weird here.
Sorry for the delay. I had never see this problem before. What was it in detail with the cache?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

stormy

Hi:!

Sorry I didn't saved any information about this problem...  honestly I've no idea about the origin of this problem.
But my main concerns was solved, so everything is fine now  :)
Bye
  •