News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Automatically Name Download?

Started by Alphabet Soup, 19.04.2017 16:55:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Alphabet Soup

Is it possible to have the download name automatically set as the file name, or do we have to input every one?

Thank you.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you create in the Front End then the Name is mandatory.  In the backend if you say copy a file to a particular directory (category) using say FTP or a file manager, then if you run the automonitoring from the jD Control panel a Download with the same name as the filename will be created subject to any name changes as set by transliteration, UTF-8 and similar  in jD Config 'Files and Folders' tab.  You can also use the Config - Files option to upload files to be made into a Download.
I have moved this topic to Suggestions.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Alphabet Soup

I did not see in the rules an implied thank you, therefore,  hoping I am not violating the rules (by clogging up the boards), Thank you. 
  •