News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Follow category in jDownloads Top?

Started by romagromov, 16.04.2017 13:15:37

Previous topic - Next topic

romagromov

Hi!
Is it possible to displays only Top Downloads from current category?
I have many categories, so it impossible to create different modules for each of them.
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

ColinM

Hi Romagromov,
The Top Module does allow you to select which Category or multiple Categories, and of course you can make multiple copies of the module.  But there is not one which does the 'current' category.

A possible but rather tedious way is to use the Modules Anywhere extension and include  a copy of the Top Module in the description of each category.  If the module used a group of Categories then it could be repeated.  Would benefit to use some specific CSS for a nice layout.  Just a thought!

Colin
Colin M
  •  

romagromov

Ok. I have 300 categories.
30 parent and 270 child categories.
I need to display Top Downloads for each of this categories.

So, I need to create 300 modules with preconfigured category in each module?
Is it correct?

Thanks.
Best free windows software for your PC at bestwinsoft.com
  •  

ColinM

Yes, I agree not over helpful in your situation.  But you can display from several sub categories so maybe a little better.
Colin
Colin M
  •