News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Uploads im Frontend freigeben[Solved in v51]

Started by Florian, 15.04.2017 17:12:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Florian

Hallo,

ich habe mir JDownloads 3.2.47 runtergeladen und teste gerade damit. Ich möchte auf meiner Website damit den Upload von PDF Dokumenten durch die User und Bereitstellung für alle registrierten User machen. Jppmla ist das aktuelle 3.6.5 auf Ubuntu bei einem Webhoster mit Apache und PHP 5.6 .

Die Uploads will ich einen für die Downloads verantwortlichen User freigeben lassen.  Dieser User ist kein Admin und soll es auch nicht werden. Ich habe eine Usergroup und Accessliste DownloadManager erzeugt und diese in die Rechte der Kategoerien mit Allow bei allen Rechten versehen. Auch das Recht Joomla Editor habe ich versucht.
Ich finde aber keine Möglichkeit für diesen User, Uploads im Frontend als Downloads freizugeben. Übersehe ich da was als Neuling oder mache ich was falsch?
Und wie kann ich Uploader dazu bringen, den Besitz oder die Freiheit von fremden Urheberrechten bestätigen lassen?

Danke für die Super Arbeit! Florian
Happy Coding with Joomla and jDownloads
  •  

ColinM

Hi
My German is good for a tourist but poor for technical! I have used Google Translate to read your query.

I understand you have three questions.
1. All the Downloads are to be downloadable by Registered users only.
2. You want a User Group to be able to Create and Edit the Downloads from the Front End.
3. When downloading users have to acknowledge a licence.

For the first case there is an auxiliary question.  Do you want non logged in users to be able to see the existence, description part, and similar?  The ability to Download is controlled by the Permissions, and the ability to view in the front end is controlled by the view Access.  The default installation of jD gives Public the permission to Download and Public view Access.
To turn Off Public Download go to the Component Permissions. This is simplest if you go to the jD Control Panel and use the Options button on top right of the tool bar.  Select Public - you should see a pic like qaz01 below. On the Download pull down select 'inherited'  - never select Deny as it has many side effects that are not expected - then Save.  The Save is essential as it propagates the permissions.
Next Go to Registered and on the Downloads set as Allowed.  At this stage Public can see but not Download, Registered and User Groups that have Registered as one of their fore fathers can both see and download.  If you do not wish the Public to see then go to the jD Categories and set their Access to Registered.  Also you could set the Menu item that shows the Downloads to a view Access of Registered.
There are several articles which may help in the section
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions
Also http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/notes-on-permissions

For creating/editing Downloads from the front end I usually create an User Group (UG) called uploaderUG with Registered as its Parent.  For this UG then set the Permissions for Edit and Create to Allowed, and Save.  Next go to the jD User Groups Settings from the jD Control Panel. For UG uploaderUG make sure the Ranking value is set high at say 131.  This means that all the UGs with Registered as their fore-father will use these settings. You should now look at Group Settings and Group Creation/Editing Settings to decide what you wish to allow.  If you have specific questions please ask.  The following may be helpful
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/introduction-to-user-group-settings
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-user-group-is-used?category_id=29

In  Group Settings and Group Creation/Editing Settings you will see a tick box called Licence, actually two tick boxes, the second one ensures that creating or editing means that a Licence must be selected by the uploader. Following is another tick box called Confirm License which means the User must acknowledge the licence before they can download.

Hope I have understood correctly.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
sorry for posting in German. I was of wrong believe that this was a common language in this forum.
You grabbed my questions 2 and 3 well. I alreagy had a Usergroup DownloadMgr and it is present in jDonwloads User Groups Settings. However I has empty title and I cannot save a changed  ranking. Whenever I try, it results in a red box on top without any message.
Thanks for your help, Florian
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
I think I found a bug: I looked at the table jdownloads_usergroups_limits and found that it would point to the wrong usergroups id. I had user_group 12 with 10 and 11 created and later deleted. But jdownloads would not point to 12 but to 10. And that created the misssing title and not being able to edit it in jDownloads. I corrected it via mysql and now I can edit it.

Now I will try again whether things will work as expected.

Best regards,
Florian
  •  

ColinM

Florian
Suggest you update jD to 3.2.51 as we had a series of small issues in v47 to v50!!
Colin
PS Forum uses both English and German.  Arno is the principle author of jD and is German.  I do a lot of support, documentation, layouts and CSS
C
Colin M
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
well I have already updated to 3.2.51 and the bug is still there.
A very powerful software. I am impressed.
Florian
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
I can confirm that my wishes are now fulfilled: Users have to select a license when uploading and I can assign special Upload Mgrs with Joomla user_groups Author plus uploadUG to do the job.
Thanks for your help!
Florian

PS: Bug with usergroup_id should be fixed.
  •  

ColinM

Florian
I will try to re-produce your bug.
As I understand it you had UGs with ids 10, 11 and 12 and then deleted UGs 10 and 11.
For purposes of understanding  say you had UGs called TenUG with ID 10, ElevenUG with ID 11 and a UG called TwelveUG.  Then you deleted the UGs called TenUG and ElevenUG.  As a result in the jD User Groups Settings then UG  TwelveUG pointed to the deleted ID 10. 
Is that Correct?

Did you clear your Browser cache after deleting the UGs?

Colin
PS By using the Author UG you got the Edit/create Permissions - This could mean such users can also edit articles and other items.

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I cannot reproduce!  I created three extra UGs then went to jD User Groups Settings and gave them rankings of 110, 111 and 112 respectively doing a Save as appropriate each time. Then deleted the first two UGs and went back to User Groups Settings.  The last one created with ranking 112 was still there.

Need some more details on path you followed please.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
just create two UG (10 and 11 in my case) in Joomla and then delete them again. I had done that before I installed JDownloads. Then I installed jDownloads and created a new UG in Joomla. It got no. 12. I found that one then in jDownloads. But it carried id 10 and not 12. When I fixed that id in the database, everything worked.
Hope that helps to reproduce the bug.
  •  

ColinM

Florian
Did what you said.  Joomla! 3.6.5 wiih 2 UGs (id10 & id11)  Deleted the 2 UGs, installed jD 3.2.51.  Added another UG (it became id12).
Looked at User Groups Settings and had new UG present with id12.
So no problem!  Can you remember any other details?
Colin

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

Florian

Hi Colin,
I did that still before I upgraded form .47 to .51 . Maybe the bug was there?
Thanks for your help,
Florian
  •  

ColinM

Florian
Yes I think it was probably in v47.  There was a slip in v47 where an update from another was incorporated and Arno did not spot the side effects.  It took v48, v49 v50 and v51 to get back to stability! :(   Normally we both test but there was presure to resolve which we should have resisted as we normally do - never too late to learn - or re-learn! ;) :D ;D
So I will mark this as solved in v51.
Colin
Colin M
  •