News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

More Downloads in one entry

Started by Dukemon, 12.03.2017 12:51:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Dukemon

Just, I have two ZIP archives I want to add in on Download entry in a Download category. I had activate the plugins for content and buttons but no idea how I am now available to add to files in one entry.  :-\
How is the trick?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The essence of jD is that there is only one file per download.
If you know that you want several files in a Download then the usual method is to combine them into say a zip or rar file.
You can add multiple zip files into a zip file.  In the description you could of course tell the user that both 'target' zips are in one file - could even include a readme.txt file in the combined zip with appropriate instructions.  If they do not have a zip then I would suggest 7zip which is free.

Alternatively by using the appropriate layout such as Standard Files Layout with Checkboxes v3.2, or similar layouts which allow checkboxes, then a user may select several Downloads simultaneously.  These are then automatically collected together and sent as a single zip file.

Hope this helps.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Dukemon

okey, I will do it in another way. :)
Thank you.
  •