News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Update the included license items

Started by shoulders, 12.03.2017 15:41:06

Previous topic - Next topic

shoulders

Hi

The included license files in Downloads are a bit out of date. i.e. apache and  MIT license is missing. I can add the BSD one just for those that use it.

I could put together an english list of licenses and all the needed text for thse if you would like to include it (or a database export)

I would also think an import/export feature for licenses might be useful.

I have had a little experiences at licenses for my own opensource software see

https://quantumwarp.com/kb/articles/57-general/825-which-open-source-license-should-i-choose

Thanks

shoulders
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Putting together more licences would be most helpful.  I am not knowledgeable on licences myself so a great addition as well as extra licences would be an article describing the principle objectives of  each licence, obviously expessed as an opinion with suitable legal safeguarding words.
If you should decide to aid in this then it would be helpful  to organise each licence as
title
alias
description
link to licence originator

It will be down to Arno as to what will actually happen
Colin
Colin M
  •  

shoulders

the link in my post above will tell you everything you need to know. i was very thorough.

i will start work on it later this week.

i will do it in a fresh copy of jdownloads and then the database can be exported easily, i will also make sure the information you mention s is present

p.s. the enter and return keys do not work in the forum when using firefox.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for reply

Quotep.s. the enter and return keys do not work in the forum when using firefox.
After doing some part of reply click on the [k] sybol on the right of icons

Colin
Colin M
  •