News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

How to show different language for a single download?

Started by HerKle, 28.02.2017 11:18:38

Previous topic - Next topic

HerKle

The main language of our site is German. Since we have some information available in foreign languages, we offer these to download as well. We do not use multi-language installations of Joomla, since our foreign information is very rare, compared with the entire website. Still, we want all text be written in the foreign language chosen, also the jDownload system messages eg. the "New" button and the information "Uploaded by" etc. How can we do this?
Thx for any advise.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Your question is not easy!  Are your foreign language Downloads in a separate category/language?
The challenge is that whilst jD supports multi language, you wish to be selective by the language of a Download.  Now jD uses layouts to create the view, so in effect you are asking jd to select a different layout which is challenging. But I will give it more thought.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I think this is not possible. The only way could be to remove the additionals data placeholders in the files and details layouts. Afterwards could you write this data directly in the downloads description. For every language another.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

HerKle

Yes, Colin, the respective languages are installed on Joomla and the single downloads are marked as "Turkish", "Russian" etc in the language field of the single download and its category. I hoped this would influence the system's behaviour already. Since it doesn't I don't understand what impact those fields have basically.

Your proposal to select language based templates could be helpful if there is a setting somewhere to make them switch the language (css classes or sth. else). Thanks for pointing me out that direction.
Kind regards, Herbert
  •