News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

file download issues

Started by HGSAC_chair, 14.02.2017 15:29:04

Previous topic - Next topic

HGSAC_chair

Hi, i set up the files in the download area, but I am unable to download them, assuming it was an access issue I set the permissions on one catagory of files to guest , however the problem remained

when I attemp to download the file as any type of user I get the following message "Notice
Unauthorized access to downloads.
Error! Either you tried to start a download from an unauthorised resource or your browser did not send a referrer" some guidenece would be greatly appreciated

. currently using joomla 3.6.5 , fault seen using both firefox and chrome browser jdownloads 3.2.46
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I think this is a permissions issue.
Are all you Downloads to be available for Public to Download?  If so go to jD Control Panel and click on Options button ( near top right)
Select Public UG and then set Download permission to Allowed.

If it is something different with some user groups only able to download the a different setup is needed.
Please let me know result.
Also ensure that no permission is set to Deny as it has unexpected effects.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

HGSAC_chair

I tried as you suggested and the error messages still show, any other ideas as this is causing me some real grief now?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have just sent you a PM
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Nice site.
I think I have solved the 'challenge' :)   You had hot link protection set on, which your site does not seem to like as it refused to download. I have put the need for a referrer On. But I will investigate a bit more as I was a little surprised.
There were also many 'permission' asset issues that needed sorting but these were not the real problem.

Also I suggest you may possibly need to sort out the Permissions settings for the Downloads.  With the nice arrangement of user groups that you have I did not think you want everyone to be able to download everything.  Also you have allowed many User Groups to create but not edit, which is unusual.  You are of course protected as you have rightly limited access in many cases.

If you would like to suggest how you want which User Group to see what and which UG to be able to Download, Create, Edit from front end then I would be pleased to give some guidance, and set some up for you.
Colin
PS for testing purposes I did create a user in the Member UG but have deleted.
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have checked that jD does support hot linking OK, but you do need to set it up carefully on your Control Panel, particularly the main website address.
Colin
Colin M
  •