News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

plugin button jdownload

Started by roberto.c87, 14.02.2017 10:50:58

Previous topic - Next topic

roberto.c87

Good morning, i have 2 questions  about The operation  JDownloads Button Plug-in:
1- Why if I create an article from the back end and use  the download button to INSERT a file I have the chance to filter by category(image 1), WHILE Article I create it from frontend do not show categories(image 2)
2- you can highlight the text of an edited article to assign the file link of a file?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
1 Filter by Category in Front End
At this time I do not know why and will need to investigate.  I have reproduced the same effect as you have shown.

2. High Light Text for Download
The 'style' and 'content' of the download link is controlled by the files layout you have selected to use with the downloading.  The default layout may be set in the jD Config - Plugins tab   or it may be set by including {jd_file onlinelayout==Files link only V3.2} where 'Files link only V3.2' is the selected layout. This gives a degree of flexibility but is different from a conventional link. Some users like a button for example.  If you shold need a particular layout then please let me know.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

I understood that visualization is managed by the layout, but when an author writes an article, can choose a word and make links to a file?
  •  

ColinM

Roberto
That is not the way with jD.  It is not like a line to a web address.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

@Colin
Quote1 Filter by Category in Front End
At this time I do not know why and will need to investigate.  I have reproduced the same effect as you have shown.
I can not confirm this (see pic from frontend).  ::)

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@Arno
Hmm! It fails to populate every time for me. Have tried it on XAMPP version and on my main test site.  So there may be some setup arrangement. Tried as SuperUser and as regular Uploader.
Just in case I also checked that 'May Change Category' in User Groups Settings was set.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

I have some news about the frontend configuration categories. Doing tests, I noticed that the display of categories from frontend disappears if there is an empty category. for example if I have the following situation:
- main folder (with file)
-1st sub folder(with file)
-2st subfolder(with file)
everything works. but if I insert a new sub empty folder, then disappears from the front end the display of categories.

I tested this procedure on three different computers and there is the same problem
  •  

ColinM

Roberto
That is good news as it gives a testable state but is clearly a bug.
However for me I added a download to all categories to  hopefully replicate your result but still have the problem!!
Also found the Access pull-down is empty.  So could you please try if you try with a Category with say Registered Access

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Roberto and Colin,
Quotebut if I insert a new sub empty folder, then disappears from the front end the display of categories.
I cannot reproduce it. See pic.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •