News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

configuration jdownload

Started by roberto.c87, 13.02.2017 16:11:06

Previous topic - Next topic

roberto.c87

hi I'm new and I have some problems with jDownloads:

1-
in group permission setting some groups have no ranking and when I try to change the permissions for the group title does not appear the name and does not allow me to save
2-when I upload a folder with ftp jdownload creates  I duplicate categories
Thankyou for help and sorry for my english :)

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will help you get started - if I have not answered something it is probably because I did not understand properly!!

Group Permissions  These are the jD 'User Groups Settings' which allow setting up limits on user groups and also the settings for a UG that will be enabled to create/edit Downloads from the Front End.  They are not the Joomla! Permissions..
It does not matter if the Guest UG or any other UG has a zero ranking.  It just means that UG settings will not be used for uploading/creating a new upload from the front end.  If a user belongs to multiple UGs then that UG with the highest ranking will be used if they are permitted to upload.

Also if you are defining extra UGs such as the Rediazone ones then you will find it simplet to have Registered as their Parent UG.  Otherwise they may be able to edit etc elsewhere on your site.

Suppose you have a UG called UploaderUG whose parent is Registered then the ability to Creaete, Edit, Edit Own and also if needed to Delete are all set in the Permissions.  That is the UG does not need to be in the Editor or similar UG.  I made same mistake myself in the early days!!

2-when I upload a folder with ftp jdownload creates I duplicate categories

Where did you upload to with ftp?  Was it to the jDownloads directory? Or to a sub directory of jDownloads
If you do then jD thinks you are asking to create another category (directory).  jD 'knows' the difference because they have a different id in the database.

I would suggest you turn off Automonitoring (Download Directory Monitoring) in jD Config - Monitoring tab.  you can then check your structure is what you intend with ftp.  Monitoring can be activated manually in the jD Control Panel - Status Download area panel: - Status tab by clicking on 'check download area now'.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

Thank you for the reply.
1-I understand how the parameters in JD are inherited, but because when I choose a UG that in the summary tables (image 1) has the ranking field blank, in the configuration panel (picture 2) the group title field is empty?2-
about uploading files I try to disable monitoring

thank you

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is very strange, not seen that before.
Which version of PHP are you using?  We have not tested with php v7.1 yet.
Could you perhaps send me super admin details via PM  (click on white 'square' just below my name) so I can check out

Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

this is an intranet site. the php parameters are as follows:
Informazioni del sito

OS Windows
    PHP 7.0.13

MySQLi 5.5.5-10.1.19-MariaDB
This error is displayed with the new user group created
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have used both my regular test site and an Xampp local site.  Neither have the problem you repot.  So I am at a loss on how to check further.
The Group Title Field in User Groups Settings is protected so it cannot be changed.  Perhaps in your setup it is also  somehow hidden contents.
When a new user group is created, after installation, then the jD ranking is set to zero.  Maybe an idea to look into the database

Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

I have some news about the group permission. all groups jDownloads located before the installation work properly, the UG created after rather have the problem. I checked as you said the database tables and actually missing the rows for the group IDs of Joomla that were created after the installation of jDownloads. Why? I also tried to uninstall and reinstall the component :(
  •  

roberto.c87

if you give me the email I send the kickstart of my site
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I suspect that something is basically setup incorrectly on your site.
On other occaisions we have found it is say an addon Cache extension or similar that is not behaving 'properly'.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

roberto.c87

It could be the php.ini file in which you set the mode cachelite cache? what should I change?
  •  

ColinM

Roberto,
I suggest you turn off Joomla! caching as it is known to cause some problems.  I think you may mean the setting in configuration.php, which relate to Joomla!, not php.ini, which has the php settings.
My settings for the cache in configuration.php are as follows:
    public $caching = '0';
    public $cache_handler = 'file';
    public $cachetime = '15';
    public $cache_platformprefix = '0';
But it is better to just turn off Joomla! caching in Global Config - System tab whenever you find you may have a problem.  Also of course disable any Cache extension you may have installed.

Colin
Colin M
  •