News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Message category empty: not show with subcategories with files

Started by yeyyin, 09.02.2017 13:37:22

Previous topic - Next topic

yeyyin

Hi,
I search for a solution in the forum to the message "No files available yet for this category!" in a category when it has subcategories with files.

I just found this post: http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=5588.msg21422#msg21422 but in the end a solution was not created in the admin panel.

I also could not find the string if (! E mpty ($ files)) in the latest version of the jDownloads 3.2.46.

I found the following text string in: / components / com_jdownloads / views / category / tmpl

// display only downloads area when it exist data here
        if ($total_downloads > 0){
            $body_cat = str_replace('{files}', $html_files, $body_cat);
        } else {
            $no_files_msg = '';
            if ($jlistConfig['view.no.file.message.in.empty.category']){
                $no_files_msg = '<br />'.JText::_('COM_JDOWNLOADS_FRONTEND_NOFILES').'<br /><br />';           
            }
            $body_cat = str_replace('{files}', $no_files_msg, $body_cat);
        } 

Can you help me with the code so that the message does not appear in categories (empty of files), but only show subcategories (with files)?

Thank you

PD: I have customized the message in the capture that I attached

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In jD Config - Front End tab, use pulldown to set field 'Show empty categories message?' to No, then Save & Close.  You may need to clear browser and Joomla! caches before it takes effect on site and reload page.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

yeyyin

Hi ColinM,

Thanks for your reply, but if I desactivate the message, it does not appear in SUBCATEGORIES that are empty.

QuoteCan you help me with the code so that the message does not appear in categories (empty of files), but only show subcategories (with files)?

I need this: http://www.jdownloads.com/index.php/support-forum.html?topic=5588.msg21422#msg21422 , but the code is different in JDownloads new version  :-\

To understand us:

CATEGORY 1 without downloads (no showing message)

• Subcategory  with downloads (no showing message)
  • Subcategory  without downloads (showing message)

Thanks

Diego
  •  

Arno

Hi Diego,
this is currently not possible.
The message means only that the current listed category has not any Download. This has nothing to do with any subcategory.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

yeyyin

Ok, thanks. It is a pity!
Most of the time in a tree structure the categories do not have files, but the subcategories do. Let's wait for the new versions  ;)
  •