News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

error: Unauthorized access to downloads [Solved- Captcha not set]]

Started by i6dvx, 05.02.2017 10:50:35

Previous topic - Next topic

i6dvx

I realized just now that the download service no longer works on my website (1). Chrome does not work and reports no error: pressing the download button, the new page goes back to the list of files. Using Firefox, while still not working like chrome, however, you get this error: "Unauthorized access to downloads". I installed several backups (Akeba) on two other computers in the local network (192.168.x) with different versions of PHP, Joomla and JDownloads.
On the computer (2) JDownload works perfectly, while on the computer (3) it does not work and I get the same error message as on the site (1) "Unauthorized access to downloads".
On a permissions check, everything looks correct, both for the categories and the files (see attach). Researches on the forum suggested some checks but this have not solved the problem.
In detai,l these are some tests that have not produced any results:

-Manually rewriting of permissions  for the categories and  files.
-Backup & restore database (JDownloads / tools)
-Reset Categories permission & Downloads permission (JDownloads / tools)

It should all be set properly, because JDownloads had worked properly for years, but now there is no way to make it work.
The download functions correctly only by logging in.
Any suggestion is very welcome?
THANKS

(1)     www.i6dvx.it (151.1.182.13)
PHP Version         5.5.33
Web Server          Apache/2.2.22 (Debian)
Joomla  Version         Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ]
jDownloads Version       3.2.46

(2)     192.168.0.20 (Raspberry)
PHP Version         5.6.20-0+deb8u1
Web Server         Apache/2.4.10 (Raspbian)
Joomla  Version         Joomla! 3.5.1 Stable [ Unicorn ]
jDownloads Version       3.2.44

(3)    192.168.0.30 (Raspberry 3)
PHP Version         5.6.29-0+deb8u1
Web Server          Apache/2.4.10 (Raspbian)
Joomla  Version       Joomla! 3.6.5 Stable [ Noether ] GMT
jDownloads Version       3.2.46

Vittorio

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Hmm does seem strange!!
Have you set a Deny permission anywhere?  Because of the Joomla 'inheritance' this can effect many User Groups (UG), especially the Public UG as everyone is an inherited member of the Public UG.
If you PM me super admin login details I will look.
I note that your second machine has a much older version of Joomla! and jD.  But thousands of users have no trouble in downloading using latest versions so it looks as if there is a setup problem.

I see you are using Falang, which jD supports, but just in case could you try without Falang.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Looked at site, seems that Captcha plugin had been disabled but jD was set to require Captcha check for Public.
All seems AOK now.  Was not a permissions issue directly.  Will see if we can improve error message.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

QuoteWill see if we can improve error message.
Yes this must we do.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

i6dvx

Hello Colin, thank you, thank you THANK YOU!  ;D
Forgive the delay in my reply. I regret having 'stolen' your time on a Sunday.
I have only one word to assess the support received: superb!

Vittorio
  •  

djzah71

I have the same error but the captcha isn't the issue in this case since I confirmed it was set to No.

We have been using this successfully internally for awhile but when I moved the site to a new internal server its not working..  same error message
QuoteNotice
Unauthorized access to downloads.
Error! Either you tried to start a download from an unauthorised resource or your browser did not send a referrer.
I confirmed referrer is set to No (Configuration - Security Tab - Block when the Browser does not send a Referrer? = No)
I confirmed captcha is set to No (User Groups Settings - View Captcha = No on all groups)
I confirmed the jdownloads directory permissions which I didn't touch
drwxr-xr-x.  10 nginx nginx       178 Feb 15 15:47 jdownloads

Any other suggestions?

•  

Arno

Have you activated this option (Activate IP Blocking) on the pic?

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

djzah71

No its not enabled and I removed all IP's (since its an internal web server) just in case private IP's was included.
Configuration - Security Tab - Activate IP Blocking? = No

I was able to upload a file but then couldn't download it.. same error

When I try and download files via jDownload backend...  Edit file, Click on Files Data, Click on Download I get this..  404 Page not found

Joomla Debug shows me
404 Page not found
Call stack
#   Function   Location
1   JApplicationCms->execute()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/index.php:49
2   JApplicationSite->doExecute()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/cms/application/cms.php:261
3   JApplicationSite->dispatch()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php:230
4   JComponentHelper::renderComponent()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/cms/application/site.php:191
5   JComponentHelper::executeComponent()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:380
6   require_once()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/cms/component/helper.php:405
7   JError::raiseError()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/components/com_gantry5/gantry5.php:37
8   JError::raise()   /usr/share/nginx/netweb.corp/public_html/libraries/legacy/error/error.php:277
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Just to confirm I understand that you are clicking on the download button in the backend as indicated in the attached pic
This then causes a 404 error.  Is that what you are finding?

I presume you have set the file to be opened in your browser. Is that also true?

As you are on a local server then presunably you can readily check that the file is in the correct location, and that it realy does exist.  Have you done that?
Are you using Xampp or Wamp or Lamp?

Have you changed the root directory in Config - Downloads - 'Upload directory path' field.  Sometimes when transferring from site to site that does not get set properly
  Please check

Colin

Colin M
  •  

djzah71

Quote from: ColinM on 20.04.2018 18:44:59
Hi,
Just to confirm I understand that you are clicking on the download button in the backend as indicated in the attached pic
This then causes a 404 error.  Is that what you are finding?  - Correct and frontend a download creates the unauthoirzed message

I presume you have set the file to be opened in your browser. Is that also true? - Correct in one of the methods of troubleshooting. (Configuration - Downloads Tab - Send Downloads using the PHP Script? = No

As you are on a local server then presunably you can readily check that the file is in the correct location, and that it realy does exist.  Have you done that? - No, not sure what to look for
Are you using Xampp or Wamp or Lamp? - Using CentOS7, Nginx, php-fpm, MariaDB

Have you changed the root directory in Config - Downloads - 'Upload directory path' field.  Sometimes when transferring from site to site that does not get set properly - Correct, this is good and the first 5 fields all have WRITABLE in green displayed
  Please check

Colin

Changing Configuration - Downloads Tab - Send Downloads using the PHP Script? = No to Yes I was then able to download the file from the backend but it did not fix the issue in the frontend which I still get

Notice
Unauthorized access to downloads.
Error! Either you tried to start a download from an unauthorised resource or your browser did not send a referrer.

I also tried to uninstall jDownloads and reinstall (leaving all three options set to No for deleting files, categories, etc) and no difference
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Unauthorised is usually a protection problem. Have you checked that?
It is sometimes due to setting a Deny permission.  For instance if you set Deny for Download permission in Public UG then no one will be able to download.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Please check also this settings below.
Maybe would it be better to give us a backend access via PM.

QuoteJoomla Debug shows me
Not any file from this debug message  is from jDownloads.

Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •