News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can't get tags working

Started by anhakkar, 24.01.2017 20:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

anhakkar

Hello,

I have a problem getting Joomla tags working with JD. Simply put, I can tag downloads and categories. The tags show up fine in listings and download details. But, if click on a tag, to get results, no downloads are shown in results. I get tag results on other content, even JD categories are shown, but no tagged downloads!

What could be the problem? Am I missing something?

Version info:
Jdownloads 3.2.46
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 5.6.29

•  

Arno

Hi,
this problem is the result from changed source code by the Joomla developer.

See here:
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/12038

But it seems that this problem is fixed (in a coming version). Must test it self first.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

newmy

Hi,
did you find any solution for this issue?
I have exact the same one.
Articels are listet - even categories but no downloads.

Jdownloads 3.2.55
Joomla 3.7.5
PHP 7.1.6
  •  

Arno

I had not the time to test it until today. But when you use the newest Joomla release and the problem still exists ...  :-\ :(
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

newmy

No change with 3.8.0

Articles are listed - even categories from JD but no downloads.

newmy
  •  

anhakkar

Same here, tags are still not working. Joomla is now 3.8.0 and jD is 3.2.56
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is strange as tags on jD categories and jD Downloads both work, as do tagged articles, on my site. :)
Have you set up a menu item such as Tagged Items?

Have you read the article using link below as there are several stages in setting up tags, including jD Layouts.
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads

If someone provides me, by PM, with admin login to a site not working with tags I will check it out.
Colin
Colin M
  •