News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can't get tags working

Started by anhakkar, 24.01.2017 20:18:26

Previous topic - Next topic

anhakkar

Hello,

I have a problem getting Joomla tags working with JD. Simply put, I can tag downloads and categories. The tags show up fine in listings and download details. But, if click on a tag, to get results, no downloads are shown in results. I get tag results on other content, even JD categories are shown, but no tagged downloads!

What could be the problem? Am I missing something?

Version info:
Jdownloads 3.2.46
Joomla 3.6.5
PHP 5.6.29

•  

Arno

Hi,
this problem is the result from changed source code by the Joomla developer.

See here:
https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/12038

But it seems that this problem is fixed (in a coming version). Must test it self first.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

newmy

Hi,
did you find any solution for this issue?
I have exact the same one.
Articels are listet - even categories but no downloads.

Jdownloads 3.2.55
Joomla 3.7.5
PHP 7.1.6
  •  

Arno

I had not the time to test it until today. But when you use the newest Joomla release and the problem still exists ...  :-\ :(
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

newmy

No change with 3.8.0

Articles are listed - even categories from JD but no downloads.

newmy
  •  

anhakkar

Same here, tags are still not working. Joomla is now 3.8.0 and jD is 3.2.56
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This is strange as tags on jD categories and jD Downloads both work, as do tagged articles, on my site. :)
Have you set up a menu item such as Tagged Items?

Have you read the article using link below as there are several stages in setting up tags, including jD Layouts.
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/tags-support-in-jdownloads

If someone provides me, by PM, with admin login to a site not working with tags I will check it out.
Colin
Colin M
  •