News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Jdownload (menu entry) direct link

Started by borja, 06.01.2017 22:41:17

Previous topic - Next topic

borja

Hello
i made menu entry that is type "jDownloads » Single Download"

the problem is not a direct link and the file is not downloaded directly. how can i do? the summary page is shown.
thank you
  •  

borja

COlín,

I know what you mean. IN my case I´ve got:

No
Yes
Yes
Download Occurs Directly
Download Occurs Directly

The problem comes when I create a menu entry such as "jDownloads » Single Download"

This is my web:

http://safelinking.net/pz1Y9fP

when i click on the menu "La Delegación" and latter I choose "Estructura ....", the detail page is shown. How can i avois seeing it?

Best regards,

•  

ColinM

Hi
If you set up a  menu item type 'Single Download' you will see it has the comment "Display a single download in the details layout." so it is doing what it should! But not as you hoped!!

Could you please explain what you want a bit more.  At the moment I do not know a way in which a menu item can initiate the direct downloading process.  The nearest I can think of at present is an article with a download .

Colin
Colin M
  •  

borja

In my case what i want it is open the PDF file. I Dont see the problem and what YouTube necedad to know. What dont YouTube understand?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
If you look in jD config - Download tab you will find a field "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?".  If you list the relevant extensions in that field then they will be opened directly by the users browser.  Most browsers also then allow the user to Save the file.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

borja

Hello,

I've done a change in the web and I explain to you and if there is a better solution.

1)Access my web:
http://safelinking.net/pz1Y9fP

2) Under the menu item "La Delegación" there are two entries that are quite similar in the name:

1-Estructura de la Delegación
   2-Estrutura de le Delegación(Externo)

The second one is what I´m looking for. To open directly the pdf without the summary. For this, i create a menu of type "System Links" >> External URL and I put the url that you access when you click on the bottom of "Detail Page"  without the domain and context root. For instance:

Is there another proper solution that is the best one?

•  

ColinM

Hi
You need to have somewhere a menu item type List All Categories, this could be in a hidden menu.
Using the List All Categories ensure you have the configuration set for a direct download
Please see http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/download-actions-direct-via-summary-page-or-via-download-details

For the external file make sure it is set up as an External Download, that is the file reference is on the "External File Link" field in Files Data tab when creating/editing the Download.  This is a full web url including the

Also make sure that the file type (pdf in your case) is set to be opened directly in the browser - see Config Downloads tab - field "Which file types are to be opened in the Browser?"

Using the List All Categories menu item find the relevant Download and by clicking on its Title make sure file is opened in the browser.

Then use the link, without the www/site part, used by clicking on the title in your External menu item type, also ensure opens in new tab/window

The form of the link is shown below
/list-all-cats/send/cc-cat-alias/dd-download-alias.html
where
list-all-cats is menu item alias,
cat-alias is the alias of the category which contains the Download and cc is the cat id,
download-alias is the alias of the Download and dd is the Download id

Colin
Colin M
  •