News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

root download directory not writable [solved - setup problem]

Started by jomasara, 04.01.2017 14:16:01

Previous topic - Next topic

jomasara

Hi.

I migrated my site to a new host.

I have a problem with jdownloads, because when I try to put the new path for downloads permanently shows the message:
Error! Upload root directory /home/xxxx/xxxx/xxxxx/jdownloads does not exist. or Error! Upload root directory /home/xxxxx/xxxxx/xxxxx/jdownloads does not writable

I tried to put all the path from the /home or from the directory site (/public_html/...../jdownloads.

The diretory have 777 permissions and in the configuration appears the message or not writable.

Thanks for your help
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It sounds as if the path in jD Config - Downloads tab - field 'Upload Directory Path' is wrong as you need an absolute path.

If you look in Joomla! Global Config - System tab - field 'Path to Log Folder' it will have a directory string ending in log for example /home/a-site-ref/public_html/log  so in that case you need to use /home/a-site-ref/public_html/jdownloads in the jD 'Upload Directory Path' field.

Colin
PS There is a similar setting in if you look in Joomla! Global Config - Server tab - field 'Path to Temp Folder' which usually ends in tmp

Colin M
  •  

jomasara

Hi ColiM

In my Joomla! Global Config - System tab - field 'Path to Log Folder'  I have /public_html/directorysite/log and it works in jdownload 'upload directory path if i try to put /public_html/directorysite/jdowloads the message is 'not found. If I put  /home/a-site-ref/public_html/directorysite/jdownloads in the jD 'Upload Directory Path' field the message 'not found' dissapears but constantly appears 'not writable'. But I tried to upload news files and it Works. But, when I try to open links in the web site don't foundt it.

•  

jomasara

I ColinM.

I solved the problem.

The site it's not associated to the domain name. It's a internal address to migrated the old host to the new host. When I changed the register A in the DNS configuration for the domain to the new, all the registers we changed to writable.

Thanks for your answers
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Glad you sorted it out.  Just for interest is your site a CPanel site or something else?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

jomasara

Yes, The host provider have Cpanel

And only Works if the  'Upload Directory Path' is the absolute path /home/xxxx/public_html/directorysite/jdownload
Joomla Works well with '/public_html/directorysite/logs' ...

Thanks
  •