News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Error changing and adding new category [Solved]

Started by MariuszMP, 08.12.2016 12:14:12

Previous topic - Next topic

MariuszMP

I have a problem with updating directories and setting up new ones.
Although I am in the role of the administrator, when writing, takes me directly to the panel JDownload.
It seems that something has changed in the permissions.

I tested the create of new licenses, there can be create a new and modified.
The problem applies only to category.

Other elements JOOMLA working correctly.

I can not find the cause of such behavior.

Best regards
Mariusz Pulkowski
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I am not sure I understand properly.  I think you are saying that if you create a new category then its permissions are not correct.  There are basically two ways to create a Category.  One is to use the Category tab on the jD Control Panel and then click on New.  The second way is to create a directory by some means such as by ftp or using a file explorer component or similar, and then doing a Monitor run from the jDownloads Control panel.

Could you advise which route you used please. When you say Permissions do you mean the file system permissions or the Joomla! permissions?

The usual root of the jD categoies is <your-site>/jdownloads.  When you created the Category which level was it at? For examplle if it was a direct subdirectory of the jDownloads directory then it would be a top level category. In this case the Joomla! permissions would be the so call 'component permissions'.  If it was a sub-sub directory then it would inherit the Joomla! permissions from its parent.

If you explain what structure you are trying to setup then I can help you.

Colin

Colin
Colin M
  •  

MariuszMP

Hello,

The platform works for about two years, I have dozens of subcategories, and hundreds of files in the repository.

I am not sure I understand properly.  I think you are saying that if you create a new category then its permissions are not correct.  There are basically two ways to create a Category.  One is to use the Category tab on the jD Control Panel and then click on New.  The second way is to create a directory by some means such as by ftp or using a file explorer component or similar, and then doing a Monitor run from the jDownloads Control panel.

Following the suggestion of the other tested method of creating a sub-category. I created a directory with permissions 755, and manually changing further to 777. In both cases, they created new directories or subkatalogi, but I could not modify them. And any other previously founded. After entering the editing screen, any changes can not save. It is a direct redirect to the jDownloads Panel. With the entry in terms of a closed padlock.

Could you advise which route you used please. When you say Permissions do you mean the file system permissions or the Joomla! permissions?

Thinking about the rights I mean permission Super User account. JDownloads root directory is / jdownload with permissions 777.
The last two entries made three days ago had permission for the directory 755.

The usual root of the jD categoies is <your-site>/jdownloads.  When you created the Category which level was it at? For examplle if it was a direct subdirectory of the jDownloads directory then it would be a top level category. In this case the Joomla! permissions would be the so call 'component permissions'.  If it was a sub-sub directory then it would inherit the Joomla! permissions from its parent.

I tested the ability to edit the directory permissions 777 and 755. For both accidental behavior is the same, but not recordable modify already created a category and write the newly created category.
Checking what are the default permissions for the superuser, they are full of the already existing categories. On the other hand I do not have the possibility to modify them.
It seems that the ACL is correctly entered values for the component jDownloads.

My problems began three days ago. Then I installed the component jSecure Lite.
Then I tested components that work properly and I found an error in the categories of jDownloads. I uninstalled the component and plugin. But the problem still has been.

I admit that I have no idea where to look for the causes of such behavior.

Best regars
Mariusz Pulkowski
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It does suggest that jsecure lite may caused a problem. If you send me super user login details by PM then I will take a look for you.
Will also need to install eXplorer component to see the file permissions and if there is a 'protection' html script been left behind.
To help could you give an example of the problem in one specific category and step by step to reproduce so I can definitely know were there is a fault.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

MariuszMP

Hello,

Problem solved.
It was necessary to proceed with the suggestion logs errors php, "To increase the limit change max_input_vars in php.ini.".
I admit that I long wondered about the causes of such behavior of the system. It is important that the problem be solved.

Regards
Mariusz Pulkowski
  •