News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Flowplayer away [resolved]

Started by Tiescha, 31.10.2016 17:18:31

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiescha

Joomla 3.6.2  jdownload 3.2.46 (latest).

When opening a layout (Standard layout for downloads ) the flowplayer flickers shortly an is then away (blank). So it is not possible to start the player.

Template snowflake , warp-framework and Roksproket extension, that's all. the rest is standard joomla-Installation (new with 3.6.2).
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Not had any problems with Flowplayer. Have you tried on a plain vanilla Joomla! install?

Actually you would probably be better off with using the HTML elements.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tiescha

Hi,
I installed a new clean Joomla 3.6.4 and only jdownloads.
Everything is fine. When I change the File Directory from C:/xampp/htdocs/joomla364_TestJD/jdownloads to
C:/xampp/htdocs/jdownloads (made before a copy of the directory) and change the path in the configuration menue,
the media player will not be shown in the frontend (mp3-file). When switching back to the by Jdownloads created path the player comes back in the frontend.

Has there anything to be recocnized when changing the path?

The problem is the same when its installed on a hosted server.

Thanks
  •  

ColinM

Hi
The paths in jD Config - Downloads tab should be consistent with those in Joomla Global Config - Sever tab, specifically see field "Path to Temp Folder".
On a CPanel web server that usually looks something like /home/<site-specific>/public_html/log.
On XAMPP with a site called jdtest for instance it would be say C:\xampp\htdocs\jdtest/tmp  - note the use of / and \ chars

You need to set the jDownloads Config - Downloads tab to the same except ending in jdownloads eg /home/<site-specific>/public_html/jdownloads

All the relevant jD directories are then relative to that and need to exist.  Generally not wise to change.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tiescha

Hi, thanks for your answer but I don't fully understand.

I want to change the Upload directory path in the jD Configuration , Downloads. If the jDownloads-Directory is on the same level as the joomla-directory, I can backup my site without the large jDownloads-directory, in which no changes where made.
When I change the path, everything works except the media-player, which is not shown in the frondend.

"This sets the path to the main directory where uploaded files are saved. This must be entered as an absolute path. The given directory and all its subdirectories must be writable. If you wish to change this main directory then you will also need to move the contents of the main directory, please see the documentation for notes on doing this."

I haven't found any notes in the documentation. Is there anything else to do except changing the path and -of course- copy the directory content to the new location before changing ?
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It is a long time since I tried seeing what happens if I change the main upload directory path.  From what you are saying you want to use a location that is outside the Joomla! root so that the Downloads are not included in a regular backup.
With your switched path could you please do a test by selecting HTML5 instead of Flowplayer to see if that has the same effect, and let us know the result. 

As an observation if you use Akeeba as your backup software then that has a facility to ignore various directories.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tiescha

Hi,

yes it's the same when using HTML 5 instead of the flowplayer. For the moment I will use Akeeba.
Thanks

Andreas
  •  

ColinM

Andreas
Thanks for update.
Just a thought. When you use the different location did you check file permissions and file owner settings?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Tiescha

Colin,

now it works. I installed a complete new joomla. I think it was a problem of file permissions.

Thanks for your support.

Andreas
  •