News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

show restricted folders (instead of hiding)

Started by charlesc13303, 02.10.2016 11:30:11

Previous topic - Next topic

charlesc13303

Hi,
I did convert an old Jdownloads on a Joomla 1.5 to a Joomla 3 with Jdownloads 3.2.45.

It went alright with a few handmade scripts ;-)

However I'm stuck with a little configuration problem:

How can I do to get the restricted folders (restricted to some usergroup) to show, with the lock icon (I got this), and when clicked, the user get the login form (if unlogged), forbidden access (if not in usergroup) and access to file (if autorized) ?
Because so far they just hide ....

Can't find this option. I've themed /html/com_jdownloads ... can I fix something in there ?

It was working fine on the old jdownload but I didn't configure it myself ...

Thanks for your help

•  

charlesc13303

Hi, sorry to bump this, but I'm still looking for tips about this !

First, can you confirm this feature is not basically included in this latest jdownloads ?

Any other direction to get to this will be greatly appreciated !

Best
  •  

ColinM

Hi,
Thanks for 'bumping' this -- have been away for a couple of days and missed initial post.
I understand where you are wanting to go but first I need to clarify some things please. There is no regular configuration parameter that says 'redirect to login' or similar.
I should also say that I am not familiar in detail with the older 1.9 series so UI do not know the situation there.

When you say
Quotewith the lock icon (I got this),
are you referring to the old series as otherwise I do not know what is a "lock item". May help if you sent a screen shot.

Just for Clarity,from Joomla! 2.5 onwards, what a user sees is controlled by the View Access and what they can do is controlled by the Permissions .  So when you say
QuoteBecause so far they just hide ....
then that almost certainly means that the View Access is set to say Registered or some other level. The consequence is that a Public or Guest user will not see the download or even the category.  The attached pic shows a situation where the view access has been set to Public from the 'top' category downwards (by default jD categories and Downloads take their view Access Level from their 'parent') and the Permissions for Public have been left at 'Inherited' so that the Calculated Permission is that Downloads are not allowed for Public or Guest users - please never set a permission to Deny as it will have many effects you may not wish.

Note that on the attached pic there is no 'locked' item but just a heading message.

Colin

Could you adviser what set up you have?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •  

deejay_xb

hi I also receive the message " Only registered and logged in users can download files from this category."
see attached pic! all permisions are set ok! guest and public have download permissions!
can you help me?

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Joomla! permissions can be 'challenging' at first! Have you looked art the documentation in section
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions
Sometimes the problem is that somewhere you have set a Deny permission

I have also just sent you a PM

Colin
Colin M
  •