News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem with Auth- no Download

Started by fccsap, 25.08.2016 15:02:50

Previous topic - Next topic

fccsap

Hello,
that´s my first time here.
After I refreshed joomla to the actual release there´s no download possible any more.
I found in the search another topic and I did the steps twice without any success.

I reset the perms in categories and downloads and checked the
global auth with the options button.
Everything looks good, but I always receive that text:

"Fehler
Sie sind nicht authorisiert diesen Vorgang zu tätigen.
"   It´s an internal Part of a Menue where you only enter with user/pw. I also tried to set the Submenue to public and some content, too. But even that files receive the same error message.
I don´t know what to do. Has anyone an idea?  Thank you in advance.
  •  

fccsap

Hello, now I made a scarefull detection.
When I´m logged in - I receive the error that I´m not allowed.
Then I copy the URL Link to this Site, because without login, I can´t browse there. So I logg off. Use the link and voila, I can download everything as non registered user.
That´s not what I expect from the security.
Please someone may help?  (Teamviewer is no Problem)
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I will try to help.  But first could you let me know what are your objectives in the permissions.
Is every one to e able to see the Downloads but only say Registered users allowed to download?
Also have you seen the documentation. 
Articles in this section http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions might help.

Joomla! permissions are a bit like riding a bicycle: obviously impossible at first but then suddenly easy!!

To help properly please send via PM ( click on squarish mark near my name) super user logon details NEVER put them in this public forum.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

fccsap

Hi Colin,
thank you for the quick Reply.
So my Intention is to restrict all the Downloads to registered User.
For that I have configured users and an internal site (with Login form). Only after you Login, you can see the link to the download and upload area. There I have each member(user) as a category, so that each one can use his own Folder for Uploads and can download from each other Folder (category).
At the Moment that doesn´t work. When someone knows the right Hyperlink, he can reach the downloadarea and up & download. Otherwise when you are logged in, you´re not able to do that. So it´s wrong was working as I wish.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Actually what you want to do with a User Group (even if only one user in the UG) is rather challenging The Download control is straight forward, also Editing Downloads is not a problem as they can be restricted to the 'owner' that is the creator of the Download.  The challenge is restricting the Creation to a specific Category.

One can restrict the Category in the Create a Download menu item but that would mean either

• having a menu item and view access Level per user
  • or setting it so that all Downloads or created in the Uncategorised category and later an admin level user transfers to the correct Category.
Do you really want users to have their own Category.  To allow creation in a selectable category is the norm.  Permissions could be set to Edit Own rather than the general Edit so users can only edit their own Downloads.  And the List My Download menu item can be used tho just show those that 'belong' to the user.
Please advise.  I can help you set up OK.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

fccsap

Hi Colin,
my English is not so good so excuse me for that.
So all the members are equal in their Auth, they can down and upload in each folder, so no challeging.
Only the registered (logged in) users (they all have it) should see the Download-site and the downloads themselve. All publich users should not be able to see the download and the contents.
Sounds very easy, but actually it´s turned around and I don´t know why. Makes me crazy at the moment. I would like you to view it live on my system, but I see the problem that you´re not always on, and so do I.
Next week is even worse, because I have support @work (SAP) and I work till 6PM CET.
Normally I´ll not be here after of 12h of work....
I hope we could solve that soon.
Fernando
  •  

ColinM

Fernando
Is your site on the web? Or is it a WAMP or XAMPP site on your PC?
Colin
Colin M
  •