News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Big permissions problem [SOLVED]

Started by rav3n, 23.08.2016 00:29:22

Previous topic - Next topic

rav3n

Hi everyone!
I'm trying to get permissions work, but i can't :(
I want to only registered users can download my files.

So i set up everything as followed:
1) Component permissions:
Public - inherited
Guest - inherited
Registred - allow
2) Category:
Public - inherited
Registered - inherited
3) File: same as category
And on file it shows right (that public can't download, guest can't, and registered can), but despite of.. when I try to download the file as registered user, it shows me:
"Only registered and logged in users can download this file."
wtf I can do? I don't have anymore strengths for this..
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It sounds on the face of it that you have it correct - but there is obviously a problem.
When you look at permissions after a save what do the calcu;lated permissions on a Download say?

If you PM me site details I will check it out.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

rav3n

•  

ColinM

Hi
I believe I have resolved your problems :)
Everyone
There were a lot of 'permission' challenges which probably originated when you imported.  If you find I have missed one then in Backend jD Downloads select the category which contaions the one that does not have download permission; click on it and then Save & Close. that should fix it as I have sorted the actual ACL structure.

I have also switched your layouts to the 3.2 versions as they are much better on all devices.  I have a more compact Files layout which will be available after the next update (v3.2.46)

There were many Articles that were not checked in and that did not help!  Also there were some article permission problems that should now be OK.

Please test and let me kow the position

ColinM
Colin M
  •  

rav3n

Still not working
seems to be completly random.  Once I can download file as a guest, once i can't.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
l  set it up as you asked where only Registered users can Download. Ensure browser cache is cleared
Colin

Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
  Just noticed you have Joomla caching turned on. Suggest you turn it off
Colin
Colin M
  •  

rav3n

1) Problem is related to chrominium browsers. Checked on Opera and Chrome (both chrominunium-based) - randomly not working. My users told me, that on Firefox it's okay
2) Problem is solved after turning off cache (configuration -> system -> cache -> buffering -> off)! Yey!!!
  •