News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Tags works in Joomla 3.6.2 articles but not working in Jdownload 3.2.45

Started by pinarayi, 17.08.2016 10:36:42

Previous topic - Next topic

pinarayi

Tags are working in Joomla articles without any issue. But In version 3.2.45 of jdownloads, Joomla tags are not working. My Joomla version is 3.6.2.  When I click on the tags in jdownloads , it says "No matching items were found." In this URL you can find some tags for checking. http://202.88.254.120/ksebin18082016/index.php?option=com_jdownloads&view=category&catid=71&Itemid=817&lang=en .

I had created a menu item in the left menu named 'work tenders' for providing compact list of tenders with the tag ' Work Tender'. It also display the same message. Its URL is http://202.88.254.120/ksebin18082016/index.php?option=com_tags&view=tag&layout=list&id
  • =20&Itemid=823&lang=en . Please advise.
    ( I had verified jdownloads documentation many times and verified it. Replaced joomla with latest joomla update files. Installed jdownloads again. But tag support is not getting activated)
    Admin username and password sent to moderator by PM
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for the description, that certainly helps any investigation.
First let me assure you that Tags are working on my test site but there is clearly a 'challenge' with what is happening on your site. I will look in detail to try to determine the source of your site problem.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

pinarayi

Yes. Tags are working in my another site. When I backup the jdownload data from other site to this site, it is working here also. So,I think it is related to jdownloads only.
I had already PMed the admin login details to you. I will give working site URL also. http://10.30.200.20/ksebin/index.php?option=com_tags&view=tag&layout=list&id
  • =14&Itemid=798&lang=en . You can see that here it works fine. If you want I can PM the admin login of this site also.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Yes please PM details of working site.  Also please see the PM I have just sent
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pinarayi

Dear collin, How can I make Tag work in this site? Is there any way to backup configuration from working site to non working site? Please advise.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been away for the weekend but back tommorow so have not had my main PC with me!!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

pinarayi

I backed up Jdownloads from working site and restored to non working site. Then tag works fine in non working site also.In fact non working site is a mirror of production site. I tried many things with the backup file. But unable to locate the error that blocks joomla tags from jdownloads. Production site contains lot of new files and adds up every day. So, Just restoring old backups will not help.
  •  

pinarayi

Dear Collin, After extensive research I had identified the issue. 1. If you add a new download and provide tag it will work smoothly. contentitem_tag_map table will be appended with  relevant record. List of tagged items in Joomla menu option will work fine in this case. 2 If you delete/ unpublish a download, the entry in contentitem_tag_map table is not getting deleted. So, the deleted item will appear in the list of tagged items. If we click on the item in the report, it will generate 404 page since the download does not exist 3. If you add a new download without tag and later you edit the download and provide a tag. In this case a new record is inserted before last record ( Instead of appending) in contentitem_tag_map table . In this case tag is not  working. This download will not be shown in the list of List of tagged items in Joomla menu option. So, tags are not working in cases when we insert tags in existing downloads. For every new download with tag it works fine. Please give me a solution to tag existing downloads and removing tags for deleted/unpublished downloads. Please provide your advice.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have been able to some extent reproduce the same problem on my test site.  I suspect that the behaviour on Joomla! 3.6.2 is "more agressive" than on Joomla! 3.5.1 and earlier.  It does seem to be related to the entry in the 'xxx_contentitem_tag_map' not being deleted when the entire Download has been deleted.  The 'xxx_contentitem_tag_map' also has in field "core_content_id"  the id of the Download in table 'xxx_ucm_content'.

Could you confirm it was the same Tag that was in the deleted Download and then when you addit to a 'new download'. Old Downloads are possibly causing a problem when their id was lower than the id of the deleted Download.

But I am not sure yet of the interaction with table 'xxx_ucm_content'.

I will check out some more aspects. Unpublished Downloads should just not appear in any front end listing. 

Similarly what appears in the front end depends on the permissions and view Access.  These are not the cause in your case as everything is 'Public'.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Many thanks for the detailed bug report. I hope that i can fix it very soon.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

pinarayi

Another issue related with the tags is incorrect updations of dates. Created Date,Modified date and published date shall be updated to tags table for every edit/save and publishing of downloads. My problem is that my production site is suffering because of this error. I have several downloads in that site and I had included tags in those downloads. But , they are not showing up in tags report. Is there any short term solution? Please update it in next version as many users prefer tags over categories.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
But jD will update the dates!!
To explain note that editing a Download is not considered as an  'Update'. You have to specifically mark it as an update.In Downloads there is a specific field "Mark Download as Updated" which needs to be set to Yes.  Correcting say a minor spelling error is not considered by everyone as an update.  Maybe adding more description is not an update.  It is only a user that can truly decide what is an update.  Hence the field allowing the choice.
In the backend if you leave the field set to Yes then every save is an update.  If you set it to No then there is never a change to the updated date.
There is of course a similar field in the Front End Download editor.

Please see the two pics below.  The second pic has an updated date.  All I did was to Save the Download with the field "Mark Download as Updated" set to yes.

Colin
PS Please remember that both Arno and myself are doing this work unpaid in our own time just to help people and to improve a an already very good component.  It is a fact of life that the more flexible and comprehensive the component becomes so we find small bugs.  This time, as in many other instances, the most obscure bugs come about when Joomla! team make some unknown changes.  Apart from this incident the one that springs to mind is the problem with Captcha.
Of course we want to remove bugs as soon as possible but if a bug is found just before a release date then it is likely that the bug will have to wait because of the sheer volume of testing involved.  In the case of Tags and deleted Downloads/Categories the indications are that it should be in the next update.  But that is not a promise!
C

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Colin M
  •