News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

tags in subfolders

Started by janman1021, 15.08.2016 10:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

ColinM

Hi
Quoteafter clearing all data in db
Why did you do this?   Which part of database did you 'clear'?
Do you have a backup?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

LOl yes i have a backup of the db
i have uploaded the downloads file and cleared the db fields
contentitem_tag_map
and
ucm_content
Regards
Jan
  •  

janman1021

Hi Collin
Please can you give me an update.
Regards
Jan
  •  

Arno

We hope that we can very soon publish the next version (maybe two days).  Here should be  fixed a bug with the 'tags' handling when a download (which had tags) is deleted.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

janman1021

Thank you so much!!!
  •  

janman1021

•  

ColinM

Hi
The 'fix' was just to change a line of code in a specific Joomla! library.  Not to make any database changes!!!  Did you restore the database?  There are actually more than 2 database tables involved when dealing with tags

To recover we may need to get super admin access to your site, and also to your CPanel or equivalent
Colin

PS This issue has been raised with the Joomla! development team
Colin M
  •  

Arno

It is planned to publish it tomorrow...
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

janman1021

HI Arno
Did you receive my PM?
  •  

Arno

Yes i have get it. But we work every free minute on the next version. We have here only a last problem with the older layouts and work on a solution.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

janman1021

Hi Arno
Any news
Kind regards,
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i have now installed in your backend the newest version 3.2.46.

I understand not really how is structured your website but here a few hints from the changelog:
- Tag handling now correct when a Download or a Category with tags is deleted;
- another bugfix for Tags was incorrect definitions for the 'content_types' table in the installation script;

Please test again your website and post here your results.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

janman1021

•  

janman1021

Hi Arno
I am still getting the same problem
I really don't know what to do anymore my client is getting very upset with me.
Please any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
  •  

Arno

QuoteI am still getting the same problem
Strange thing. Have you test it also with a new created tag for an old (and new) jD item?
When we test the last version 3.2.46 (as fresh installation) it works as expected.  ::)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •