News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

tags in subfolders

Started by janman1021, 15.08.2016 10:07:35

Previous topic - Next topic

janman1021

I am displaying file links using joomla tag manager

http://psppdknowledgerepository.org/grantee-research/cfp1. when selecting any root category in jdownlaods  the items linked to the tags will display, but when selecting any  sub category  the file link disappears. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Will try to help but I need some more information please
Do you have a List All Categories menu item so I can see what are the root categories, the sub categories and where you have added tags, and so on.
In the example page there are two tagged items 'CfP1' and 'testing'.  The 'testing' tag is clearly a link to a Download. The 'CfP1' tag is less clear as it has  "uncategorised" in the link path <a href="/2-uncategorised/8-cfp1">CfP1 </a>. It could be to a Joomla! category as it appear to list a set of articles.

So could you please let us know your objective.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi Colin
Thanks for getting back to me. We have multiple categories but will try and explain best i can. http://psppdknowledgerepository.org/themes/theme-1-poverty-and-inequalit.
You will find the category tree on your right hand side.

When i create a file for download with tag "graphics", and i put it under the category graphics it does not display but when i add it under category Theme 1: Poverty and inequality it shows.

I am using joomla tag manager to display the taged files
http://psppdknowledgerepository.org/media-1/graphics

•  

ColinM

Hi
"Theme 1: Poverty and inequality - Graphics" is tagged but there are no Downloads to show! It maybe there are some Downloads but it maybe that public do not have Permission to download or no view Access.
"Theme 2: Employment, unemployment and livelihoods - graphics" there are 8 Downloads but that is not tagged.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

I have a lot of files tagged with graphics but it does not show until i change the category of that file
  •  

janman1021

all files and categories are set to public
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I am still not clear about things but have been investigating.
If I go to category "Theme 2: Employment, unemployment and livelihoods" and select subcat "Graphics" I see several Downloads with Tags:

'Grantee research', 'Graphics' and 'CfP1'.

Now if I click in tag 'Grantee research' I get a listing of those Downloads with that tag.  This indicates to me that all is behaving properly.

However if I click on 'Graphics' then I get an item "Testing" which links to a Download called 'testing'. Item  "Testing" is linked to the Media menu with sub-menu item Graphics.  It seems to me there are too many things called Graphics - there are tags, a menu item and several sub cats all called Graphics.  That is there appears to be some confusion somewhere!!

Now as a first step in testing could you please change the Menu Item 'Graphics' to say 'Images' and also change its alias.  This is because menu links are often used in Joomla! as the basis of a link.  If this does not resolve the issue then perhaps you could change some of the tags called Graphics to say Pictures and then see if Pictures come up ok when you click on that tag on a Download.

This might help identify the source of the problem

Colin
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi Colin
I have changed the menu item and the tag name and still getting same problem.
Any help will be greatly appreciated
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Do you recall if you have ever deleted a Download that had a tag as part of it.
over the past couple of days we believe we have identified a problem with tags  that is aggravated by Joomla 3.6
Colin

Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi
I am not the only admin on this site, so yes it is very possible
Jan
  •  

ColinM

Jan,
Thank you.  Arno is actively working on this new 'challenge'.
Colin
PS at a later time it might help if we had access to your site but I will advise.
C
Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi Collen
Any feedback on my problem?
kind regards
jan
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It is definitely being worked on. Problem identified - So should be soon
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Colin M
  •  

janman1021

Hi Colin
I have done exactly but cannot save any file after clearing all data in db and uploading the downloads file.
Error
Save failed with the following error: and it does not display any error
Regards,
Jan
  •