News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

404 not found [Solved - IIS server limit]

Started by wahone, 29.07.2016 23:53:38

Previous topic - Next topic

wahone

Joomla version Joomla! 3.6.0 Stable
jDownloads Version 3.2.45
PHP Version 5.4.45
Database Version 5.5.45
Site is WAMP
website https://www.mostlyworking.com
Every time i try to upload a file that is over 10MB I get the error I don't think it is a bug i think I am missing something. Uploads to other components that are over 10MB works just fine just does not work in JDownloads this happens in the front end and also in backend. What could i be doing wrong all help will be appreciated.
404 - File or directory not found.
The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you check limits set for the following php settings in php.ini
upload_max_filesize and post_max_size
Generally set post_max_size larger than upload_max_filesize.
For example
upload_max_filesize=40M
post_max_size=42M

If you run phpinfo(); then look in Loaded Configuration File to see which php.ini is being used.

You might also find the following article useful
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/how-can-i-upload-larger-files?category_id=29

One user found a problem with php setting max_input_vars which has a default of 1000 but this was during a migration from the 1.9 series to the 3.2 series

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wahone

upload_max_filesize = 250M
post_max_size = 0
C:\Program Files (x86)\PHP\v5.4\php.ini
memory_limit -1
max_execution_time 1200

Here is the settings i have i went through the tutorial and all seems to be good. As stated other extensions do not have this problem. Oh and I am sucseesful at uploading a file that is 22,316KB but a 46,496KB file gets the 404 not found page.
Thanks in Advance
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you could try this:
1. Contact your hoster and try to get the php error logs (from this day).
2. Activate the debug function in Joomla and try again to upload a big file. When you get any error message, send it me via PM.
3. send us (Colin and me) login data for your backend via PM.

Please note that nobody else has a problem like yours. So i think it cannot be a bug from jD.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

wahone

I had no errors in the log file or thrown by joomla  :(
Sent super user login credentials through private message sent to Arno and ColinM.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Could you please try setting post_max_size to a suitable value, not zero.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wahone

Quote from: ColinM on 31.07.2016 17:28:09
Hi
Could you please try setting post_max_size to a suitable value, not zero.
Colin
set it to 300m still 404
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Are you by any chance running a 32 bit version?
Colin
Colin M
  •  

wahone

Yes i am running the 32 bit version of php does not seem to affect the other components from accepting large uploads.
  •  

wahone

Quote from: wahone on 31.07.2016 17:51:42
Yes i am running the 32 bit version of php does not seem to affect the other components from accepting large uploads.
Changed to a 64 bit version and restarted http server no luck
  •  

Arno

I think it will be not easy to find the reason for your problem.
And i have not any experiences with a Windows server and Windows NT.

How many websites have you hosted self with your PC until now?

This file is empty?
C:\Windows\temp\PHP54_errors.log

I have tested your backend succesful:
1. with a file size 4MB
2. with a file size 10MB
3. with a file size 20MB

Tested the upload with:
- Plupload (menu item Files/Upload)
- Create Download

See pics below. I can not see any 404 message as result.
But your website is very slow. Every page loading process needs 10 - 15 seconds. And also the upload/download speed is very slow. The duration for a 10MB file upload is over 50 seconds. The download much longer.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

@wahone
Whilst testing I checked out the Permissions on the Upload Test category.  They are set very strange and all have Calculated Permission as "Allowed(super user)".  Also in the Component permissions the Public User Group had many "Denied" settings.
The whole set seem very weird.  It is as if people have somehow also got Super User.  Even Public and Guest.

The jD Component permissions for the Public UG have been set to Denied for everything except Download.  Now because the Public UG is the root of all UGs then the normal Joomla! inheritance rules means that no one except the Super User can do anything except Download.  But I checked out that a Registered user can Create/Edit a Download.  This should not be possible!!  So I am confused!!! ::)

Have you made some changes in the Permissions code?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

wahone

I did want a registered user to be able to create a download but have to be ok'd by the admin for it to show.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
That is easy as you do not permit the 'Publish' question to appear in the upload form - see the User Groups settings.  So you can check the Download and if OK then Publish it.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I have now sorted your permissions out and it seems OK.
But I would recommend that you create a User Group called say Uploader with Registered as Parent. Then join those members who are allowed to create and edit Downloads to that user group. They will automatically be members of Registered UG.
At the moment anyone who is a member of the Registered UG is able to edit etc atricles and other parts of the site.  You may not want that in the long term. 
Having a separate UG for uploaders would also make it easy to implement the create but not publish a Download.

Colin
Colin M
  •