News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Most Recently Downloaded - statistics for user

Started by vrtulka, 13.07.2016 14:50:17

Previous topic - Next topic

vrtulka

Hi,

is it possible to show in fronted the list of files downloaded by user?
Something like a personal history of downloaded files. Like jDownloads Most Recently Downloaded, but not a public list. Only for one, actually signed in user. Thanks for your advice!
  •  

Arno

Hi,
you mean a list for the admin in frontend? Where he can select a user from a list and can then  see what he has downloaded?
Or a public list for the current logged in user with a history from his downloaded files?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

vrtulka

Hi Arno, I mean  public list for the current logged in user with a history of files which he has downloaded.
  •  

vrtulka

Hi Arno,
I would highly appreciate your response to my previous question. Is it possible to show in fronted the list of files downloaded by user?
List will be visible only for currently logged in user, it will show only his downloaded files. How to do this? Thank you!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Presently the database does not keep a list of which users have downloaded which files. However it is recorded in the log files.  So in principle it would be possible but would need a special module.  This can be quite slow. It would of course be faster if it were limited to say the N most recent dowloads.

So I have moved this topic to suggestions

Colin
Colin M
  •  

vrtulka

Thank you very much for your response. I am looking forward to hear about the new module  :)
  •