News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

permission problem

Started by darkjoker, 01.05.2016 11:48:05

Previous topic - Next topic

darkjoker

hello

first at all sorry for my bad english

i have a problem wih permission and i think it's a bug but it's just show for me.
i change permission download part to allowed in Configuration + category and download have inherited option but permission dont acces to downloading.
if i open single download or category and with no change save it.this permission is going fix. in this case if i change permission in Configuration again i have this problem again and my downloads is 4842. look like permissions not effect automaticly in download and category if i save it with no change it's one time change.
for information i have upgraded jdownloads 1.9.2 to 3.2 this cause.

1. jdownloads: 3.2.41
2. joomla: 3.4.8
3. server: linux cpanel

how can i fix this problem?

thank you
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Joomla! permissions work fine in jD but  if you are not used to them they can be a bit challenging! 
Have you seen the documentation at http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/category/access-controls-and-user-group-permissions

If you need more help the send Super User details by PM.  Also a brief description of how you want the set up to work.
For example everyone to be able to Download;  or some Public download and some only from registered.

How many top level categories do you  have? That  can affect the way public or   registered user access is implemented

Have you set Deny permission anywhere?  This has many unexpected effects.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi,
i can not really understand your problem - and the reason why you have get it.
But here a few hints:

1. jdownloads: 3.2.41
2. joomla: 3.4.8

Please install allways the newest versions.

You could try this:
- use the permission reset function in the jD Tools page
when this not helped
- install the 'ACL Manager' from here (but he is not free)
- this component can create for every item a correct data set in the 'assets' table and fix some problems
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

We will create a special function which will save all jD items to get a valid permissions structure back. But we need time for it.

Nobody else has a problem like this reported before.
So i think it is not really a bug and more the result from the data update from 1.9.x to 3.2.x. We know also not what "exactly" you have done afterwards.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •