News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Publishing tab is to short [Not a bug]

Started by tygrysuav, 28.04.2016 17:47:22

Previous topic - Next topic

tygrysuav

I have a problem since update to 3.2.43. The drop-down lists show only one row. When they are expanded down you can not see categories because the whole list is hiding under the bottom edge of the tab. You can still chose one of the list positions but it's very tiresome when you're seeing only one row at a time. I think it's a kind of bug because
in earlier versions drop-down list worked fine.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I do not think this is a bug but is probably a css conflict.
Can you send me by PM your site address and the link to a page showing the problem.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

ColinM

Hi
This  is not a jD bug - it is as suspected a template clash or some other introduced css by another extension.  The Upload form on your  site has been limited to 50px by the  browser styles so it shows a vertical scrolling bar.

To overcome this you should add into your  jd_custom.css file 
.jd-item-page .tab-content {
height: 320px !important;
}

the  inclusion of .jd-item-page is to limit the effect to jDownloads pages.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

tygrysuav

I have changed the css file and it works. Still I wonder why the problem showed up after upgrading jDownloads. The point is that I'd like to know what is causing it to prevent the occurrence of such situations in the future. Anyway thank you very much.
  •  

Arno

We must  change some older css classes for the new responsive layouts. Maybe was here also affected the publishing tab.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

ColinM

Arno
When I looked it was not an over-right of previous jD CSS.  It came from deeper down in  the system. It could be from the inclusion of another component, module or extension.  The effect on the upload form is strange as that css has not been changed. The upload  form is itself not fully responsive.

The css class .tab-content is the one that caused the problem and that class has never been in  the jD css files.  I prefaced the css correction with .jd-item-page so that the change only affected jD pages and  not elsewhere on the site. 

It does remain a mystery as to what exactly caused the change!
Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Colin,
many thanks for this information.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •