News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Problem after Joomla 3.5 update - [Fixed in 3.2.42]

Started by bronzbabe, 05.04.2016 08:36:35

Previous topic - Next topic

bronzbabe

Hi,
Strange issue after Joomla 3.5 update. The captcha (Google ReCaptcha) no longer appears. Suddenly I'm getting the following:

Captcha Protection: Click on white box; when green tick appears click on Continue button.

I've had to rollback the site to ver 3.48 until I find a solution (and it works fine in ver 3.48).

Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Thanks in advance :)

screenshot: Joomla 3.5

screenshot: Joomla 3.48

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
  •  

Arno

Hi.
Strange thing.
I will test it more at the evening here.  ???
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

bronzbabe

Thanks Arno,  we're standing by for your help or instruction on how to fix
Thank you!
  •  

ColinM

Hi
It seems this is a Joomla! issue on j3.5.0 and j3.5.1
Please see https://github.com/joomla/joomla-cms/issues/9623

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

I will try the hint from https://github.com/andrepereiradasilva
But i think it is a bug in the recaptcha plugin.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

Arno

Okay it is not really a bug in the plugin. So i must change the captcha implementation. I will do this tomorrow.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

bronzbabe

Thank you for the coming change, standing by,
Deb 
  •  

Arno

I have fixed this problem with the reCaptcha (v2.0) and Joomla 3.5. The bugfix is still a part from the next version 3.2.42 and coming very soon (i hope this weekend).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

achiggs

Hi everyone,

Any news on this?

I've just upgraded to joomla 3.5.1 and jdownloads 3.2.43 and have the exact same problem as bronzbabe.

Halp!  :-\
  •  

Arno

This issue is already fixed.
Could you send me login data for your backend via PM?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

Arno

For me it seems to work as expected (see pic).

Please check again the settings from your reCaptcha plugin and that it is selected in Joomla global configuration. Also the plugin self must be activated.

Another reason could be when you have modified anything via 'override' feature in Joomla.

Until we have found a solution, you should deactivate the captcha setting in the jD user groups.

[gelöscht durch Administrator]
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •  

achiggs

The captchas are working for other stuff like contact forms.
I will try to install jdownloads again like you suggested in PM.

Btw is there anyway I can uninstall and install again without losing my downloads and categories configurations? I think they will be gone if I just uninstall, right?

Many thanks!
  •  

achiggs

OK, so I uninstalled jdownloads completely and installed 3.2.43 from scratch and used jdownloads backup and restore tool to restore my settings.

The problem persists  :(
The reCaptcha plugin is enabled and working (in the contact form for example) and I've tried to disable and enable it numerous times.

I've deactivated the captcha and activated the timed download, but I doubt this will stop those pesky bots from filling up my download logs...

I'm running out of ideas... what did you mean by "modified anything via 'override' feature in Joomla"?
  •  

Arno

Hi Antonio,
something new on the desired backend access?
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
  •