News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

404 error in frontend with new files

Started by paul.aydelott, 12.12.2015 03:17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

paul.aydelott

After successfully uploading several files in more than one category and creating downloads that work, I have uploaded a file and created a new download only to have a 404 error in the frontend when trying to download the document. I have deleted the download, cleared the file from the jdownload directory, and cleaned the database. Still, I get the error. In the backend I can edit the download and download the file from the download link there.

Error: 404 - Download not found
You may not be able to visit this page because of:
an out-of-date bookmark/favourite
a search engine that has an out-of-date listing for this site
a mistyped address
you have no access to this page
The requested resource was not found.
An error has occurred while processing your request.
  •  

Arno

Hello Paul,
sorry for the late reply.  :-\

Have you solved it in the meantime?
By the way, i think this can not be really a bug. Nobody else has this problem.
So i will move your posting to another category.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •  

paul.aydelott

As a former project manager for software development, I remember the most difficult bugs were the ones that could only be reproduced under certain "mysterious" circumstances. 

This is a bug, I think, but I can't rule out any issue including human error.

No, I haven't been able to get past it.

I can upload the file to the Joomla server.

I can find the file to add to a new download and link to it. I can see the file on that page when I add it to the download.

I get a 404 error on the frontend when trying to download that file. All the other downloads work just fine.

I have cleared every cache I can find. I have cleaned traces of the file out of the database. 

I'd be glad to let you take a look. 
  •  

paul.aydelott

Ah, finally got the download to create. Human error, I suppose with an obscure link to click.
  •  

Arno

Thanks for the update. So it was not a bug.  ;)
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •