News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Adding meta data to use jdownload for google scholar indexing

Started by seaj, 04.09.2015 23:24:35

Previous topic - Next topic

seaj

Hi 

I want to use the amazing JDownload for a scholarly website. The site needs to show certain meta data to be indexed by google scholar. 
Title, Author and publication date are mandatory and already exist in jdownload. I want to use the custom fields for each filed to generate the other fields  (pdf url, issue, volume, edition, etc) BUT meta data as the following needs to be included in each page:

<meta name="citation_title" content="The testis isoform of the phosphorylase kinase catalytic subunit (PhK-T) plays a critical role in regulation of glycogen mobilization in developing lung">
<meta name="citation_author" content="Liu, Li">
<meta name="citation_author" content="Rannels, Stephen R.">
<meta name="citation_author" content="Falconieri, Mary">
<meta name="citation_publication_date" content="1996/05/17">
<meta name="citation_journal_title" content="Journal of Biological Chemistry">
<meta name="citation_volume" content="271">
<meta name="citation_issue" content="20">
<meta name="citation_firstpage" content="11761">
<meta name="citation_lastpage" content="11766">
<meta name="citation_pdf_url" content="http://www.example.com/content/271/20/11761.full.pdf">

More info available at: https://scholar.google.com/intl/en/scholar/inclusion.html#indexing

I really appreciate if I could get some direction as which file(s), could I modify to add the extra meta tag included in the final page of each file.
Jdownload already shows these information on the page, I just want to be able to also, echo these as meta data.

Thank you for your help.
  •  

Arno

Hi seaj,
you will use the jD 'custom data fields' for this data?
Are you sure that this are enough?
Please check this at first.

Maybe should you create a small system plugin which added this data in the output page?  ::)

But you can also add this in every 'view' file.
Example:
/component/com_jdownloads/views/download/tmpl/default.php
for the output from a single Download (details page).
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •