News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Page navigation for sub categories

Started by jatn, 27.07.2015 13:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

jatn

How can I have "page_navigation" for sub categories, like in root category.
For the files work but not for categories.
When I use the templates by default I can see the pagination for categories, but when I personalize not show.
Where I need to put placeholder {page_navigation} to have page navigation for sub categories, is needed some other code?.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
In Config -  Frontend tab set field "Show page navigation for subcategories?" yo yes, and of course the following field to a suitable number.

The place holders {page_navigation} {page_navigation_results_counter} page_navigation_pages_counter} may be used in the Sub Heading part of the Category Layout and the Categories Layout.

Hope this helps let us know if you need moe info

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jatn

what I put in "Category Layout-Subheading Area Layout" not appear.
If I put some text, in "Category Layout-Subheading Area Layout" what were in "Files Layout-Subheading Area Layout" are show.
If I put {page_navigation} in "Category Layout--Footer Area Layout" show navigation of files and not for the sub categories.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Please confirm if you set
Config -  Frontend tab set field "Show page navigation for subcategories?" to Yes

Please advise which Layouts do you have as the Active ones for all types.

Also are you viewing the layouts in 'Editor' mode or as Text?  Editor mode set when Config - Backend  field
"Use WYSIWYG-editor for layouts?" is set to Yes -  suggest you ensure this is set to No to see the html or use the view code option in your selected editor

Note for example that Category layout "Standard Category Layout v2.5"  already has tha navigation fields in it.  Just needs being allowed in  Config -  Frontend tab  field "Show page navigation for subcategories?"

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jatn

I have the field in "Config - Frontend - Show page navigation for subcategories?" set to Yes
Only when use the layout "Categories-Standard Categories Layout for paginated Subcategories" as selected to show Subcategories, I have pagination.
But this template not work with the changes I made in other layouts.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Did you make a copy of layouts before changing them?  Maybe you should send me admin details so I can look as it should work OK
Are you familiar with HTML?

Colin
Colin M
  •  

jatn

I am testing the extension offline in my notebook.
Yes I familiar with HTML.
I don't use tables in style, I think is because that.
I think are needed this lines of code:

<div id="pageNavPosition" class="pageNavPosition"> </div>
<table id="results" class="jdsubcats-table" style="border-bottom: 1px solid #cccccc;" width="100%" /><tr> </tr>

and only work if the layout is with tables.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Before you start personalising the Layouts could I suggest you first use one of the Standard Layouts. Below I have shown the code from one of the Sub Header parts of a layout.  This has various placeholders but the ones relevant here are
{page_navigation_pages_counter} and {page_navigation} When the code executes the layout then in principle the navigation will appear.  It does however have to be enabled in the Config as noted earlier.

The placeholders are only recognised in a layout.  That is they are not plugins that can appear anywhere, they are placeholders! To repeat they are only useful in a layout.

Have you looked at the following articles which may be helpful
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/which-layout-is-used-where
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/editing-a-layout
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/simple-example-of-layout-editing
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/jdownloads-is-responsive

<table class="jd_cat_subheader" width="100%">
<tr>
<td width="45%" valign="top">
<b>{subheader_title}</b>
</td>
<td width="55%" valign="top" colspan="2">
<div class="jd_page_nav" style="text-align:right">{page_navigation_pages_counter} {page_navigation}</div>
</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td width="45%" valign="top" align="left">{count_of_sub_categories}</td>
<td width="55%" valign="top" colspan="2"></td>
</tr>
</table>

Colin
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

Hi, I set "show subheader" option to yes but yet the placeholder {page_navigation_results_counter} still is not replaced: see https://guttempler.de/informationen-material/verbandszeitschrift-dialog. How can I fix this? Thx for your help!
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I like your page view!
Think you need to check your subheader in your layout.  The sub categories  navigation {count_of_sub_categories} and only for Downloads
Below is the subheader code for the standard compact layout with checkboxes

<div class="jd_cats_subheader" style=""><!--Downloads layout subheader39-->
  <div class="jd_subheader_wrap39">
    <div class="jd_cat_subheader_title39" style="">{subheader_title}</div>
    <div class="jd_subcat_count39" style="">{count_of_sub_categories}</div>
  </div>
  <div class="jd_page_nav39" style="">{page_navigation_pages_counter}{page_navigation}</div>
  <div class="jd_sort_order39" style="">{sort_order}</div>
</div>

Colin
Colin M
  •  

HerKle

Thank you Colin,
in the additional information column of downloads standard layout with checkboxes the placeholder {page_navigation_results_counter} is still mentioned. That's why I was irritated.

I deleted it from my customized layout and everything looks fine again. - Thank you for your compliment.

I applied css flexbox and icomoon fonts already in the previous jD versions. Am happy that it still works after update to 3.9.  :)
Kind regards, Herbert
  •  

ColinM

Hi
Thanks for info.

I will look at and correct
Colin
PS it maybe I need to enhance the documentation a bit
Colin M
  •