News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Can't save, can't download

Started by marks, 09.03.2015 16:02:19

Previous topic - Next topic

marks

I migrated from joomla 2.5 to 3.4 and I had no issues until I went live.  No user groups can download files on the frontend other than superuser.  I've set Public to allow download, but nothing.  I used the tool to reset category and downloads back to "inherit", but it assigned privileges to manager, administrator, and publisher that i did not set.  So now Publisher and Manager can edit downloads I never intended them to edit, and no one can download anything.  I've gone into individual downloads and tried to change the permissions there and no download will save.  it spits back an error at the top but doesn't tell me what the error is.  I'm at a complete loss.

please advise.
  •  

ColinM

Hi
To help quickly please send  a Private Message (one to me and one to Arno) with details of your site and admin level login, and summary of problem.

This is all tied up with Joomla Permissions and Access Levels.  Please see article you can find athttp://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/controlled-access-to-categories-and-downloads Particularly the last example.

If you have any users you wish to allow to upload then set up a user group with registered as the Parent and put them in that.  Set the User Ranking for that User Group in User Group Settings higher than others say at 200.  That will determine the questions asked.  It does NOT set the User Group as 'preferred' as far as Permissions and Access are concerned as they are Joomla! attributes.

Excuse hasty reply but I think things are urgent for you.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

Hi marks,
have you noted the update instructions?

To check the permission settings after the import can you use this simple hint:
http://www.jdownloads.net/documentations/item/show-permissions-overview

In the most cases it is only needed to allow the 'download' action for the 'public' user group in the components permission settings.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •