News:

Dear forum visitors, if the support forum is not available, please try again a few minutes later. Thanks!

Main Menu
Support-Forum

Customize Search Results Template

Started by tdewitt, 21.01.2015 17:32:31

Previous topic - Next topic

tdewitt

I love jDownloads!  I almost have it the way I want.  However, when I search, I would like it to display the results like it does in file view.  I have a list of files and some are by the same person, I would like to be able to search for a person and have the details from the files view show up in the search results as well as the ability to select multiple files from the search list to download at the same time.

Is it possible to modify the template for the search results to match the display of the file list? 
  •  

ColinM

Do you mean a display like the list of Downloads?  Would help with a picture.  Just for reference a Download consists of several parts: obviously the downloadable file itself, pictures, descriptions,audio example, video example and so on.  The minimum is of course the downloadable file.

Altering the main body of the Search Results is not possible via the layout.  You would need to change the relevant php code.  Actually this is an area I have not previosly loked into so I will research a bit more.

Colin
Colin M
  •  

Arno

When i remember me correctly used jDownloads here only the same classes as the Joomla component for her frontend forms. As example for Article creation/editing.
Best Regards / Gruß
Arno
Please make a Donation for jDownloads and/or write a review on the Joomla! Extensions directory!
  •