News:

Support for jDownloads 3 has been ended
Since 17 August 2023 Joomla.org has discontinued support for Joomla 3.x. Therefore, we will no longer offer official support for our Joomla 3 jDownloads version 3.9.x from January 2024.
Please update your website to the latest Joomla version (Joomla 4 or Joomla 5) as soon as possible. Afterwards, please update jDownloads to the latest published version. The longer you delay, the more difficult the upgrade process for your website is likely to be.

Main Menu
Support-Forum

jomsocial usage

Started by alfredopacino, 14.01.2015 21:06:49

Previous topic - Next topic

alfredopacino

Hi, I'm new here. Just now I discovered this component (after many years in joomla :) )
I would to use it in this way:
I just want to allow my jomsocial users to upload 1 file each (they upload just their resume).
So I don't need a Jdownload component page in frontend.
Can I limit the upload amount to 1 file each registered user?

But first of all, bigger problem: is the jomsocial plugin compatible with the latest jomsocial,joomla, jdownload releases?
I get this error in profile page
"1146 : Table 'sitename.z27s5_jdownloads_groups' doesn't exist SQL=SELECT id FROM z27s5_jdownloads_groups WHERE FIND_IN_SET(787, groups_members)"
  •  

ColinM

Hi
At the moment the Jomsocial plugin is not compatible with jDownloads 2.5 and 3.2 series.  We are close to a stable version so it will be done after that along with some other plugins.

There is a daily creation limit (uploads) which could, in principle, be converted into an absolute limit.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

alfredopacino

Quote from: ColinM on 14.01.2015 22:11:08
Hi
At the moment the Jomsocial plugin is not compatible with jDownloads 2.5 and 3.2 series.  We are close to a stable version so it will be done after that along with some other plugins.

thanks, what about the timing of a compatible release of the plugin?
  •  

ColinM

Will have to consult with Arno, but our priority is to get stable release.
Colin
Colin M
  •  

nonstopthinker

What is the status of the plugin? Please reply...
  •  

ColinM

Hi
I would like to say all is well but actually we forgot :( .  So I will advise Arno again that ommission should be rectified
Apologies
Colin
Colin M
  •